|Harry James Benson
|Notable work(s)||The Beatles inaugural trip to the United States (1964)|
|Awards||Lifetime Achievement Award, Scottish Press Photography Awards|
Other celebrities Benson has photographed include Bobby Fischer, Michael Jackson, who allowed him access to his bedroom, and Elizabeth Taylor, whom Benson photographed before and after her brain surgery. He has also photographed political figures, including every US president since Dwight D. Eisenhower, and covered war zones.
Benson has been the subject of many exhibitions, including one organized by the Scottish National Portrait Galley at the National Portrait Gallery of the Smithsonian Institution, taken over a hundred cover shots for People, published several books and won awards.[vague] He was the subject of a documentary[vague] directed by Ken MacGregor and written by William McIlvanney. Most recently he was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Scottish Press Photography Awards in April 2006.
Benson was awarded an Honorary Fellowship of The Royal Photographic Society in 2009. These are awarded to distinguished persons having, from their position or attainments, an intimate connection with the science or fine art of photography or the application thereof.
Benson was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2009 New Year Honours. In 2014, he took an official photographic portrait of the Queen, commissioned by the Scottish National Portrait Gallery. This was over fifty years after his first portrait of the Queen, taken when she opened a coal mine in 1957. 
His daughter is American actress Wendy Benson.
- Harry Benson: 50 Years in Pictures, 2001. ISBN 0-8109-4171-6
- Once there was a way... Photographs of the Beatles, 2003. ISBN 0-8109-4643-2
- Harry Benson's America, 2005. ISBN 0-8109-5896-1
- Harry Benson's Glasgow, 2007. ISBN 978-1-84502-236-5
- Mitsui, Evan (Nov 16, 2013). "Harry Benson's photos of the Beatles sparked career". CBC News. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Harry Benson: Being There". Exhibit. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2008.
- "The Queen's new portrait - 50 years after Harry Benson's first photograph of Her Majesty". Telegraph.
- Official website
- On the Road with Harry Benson interview with video and slideshow from The Digital Journalist