Maguire playing for Sheffield United in 2011
|Full name||Jacob Harry Maguire|
|Date of birth||5 March 1993|
|Place of birth||Sheffield, England|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|Current club||Sheffield United|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:45, 12 March 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Jacob Harry Maguire (born 5 March 1993), known as Harry Maguire, is an English footballer who plays for Sheffield United as a centre back. Born in Sheffield, he came through the junior ranks at United before graduating to the first team.
After coming through the youth ranks at Sheffield United, and with the side struggling against relegation, he was promoted to the first team squad, making his début after coming on as a half-time substitute and winning the man of the match award in a home game against Cardiff City in April 2011. He made four further appearances that season but could not prevent the club from slipping into League One.
Having cemented his place in the first team Maguire scored his first goal for the Blades in a 2–0 win at Oldham Athletic on the opening day of the 2011–12 League One season. Having been ever present from the start of the season Maguire was handed an extended deal in October to keep him at Bramall Lane until 2015. He continued in great form as the Blades pushed from promotion from League One and was rewarded at the end of the season when he was named as both "Player of the Season" and "Young Player of the Season" by the club. The BBC's Match of The Day magazine selected Maguire in its League One Team of The Year for 2011–12.
Maguire went into the following season as first choice in the centre of defence and his good form continued as he scored a brace in a Football League Trophy tie in a 4–1 victory over Notts County at Meadow Lane on 17 October 2012. By the end of February 2013 Maguire had made his 100th start for the Blades in a 0–0 draw against Leyton Orient at Bramall Lane at the age of just 19.
Maguire was called up to the England under-21 team for the first time in November 2012 for a friendly against Northern Ireland. Danny Wilson stated "He has got a fantastic maturity for his age, he takes everything in his stride and nothing fazes him. I don't expect this call-up to either because he is such a level headed character." Maguire duly made his England Under-21 début as a substitute in the 60th minute, coming on for Liverpool's Andre Wisdom in a 2–0 against Northern Ireland Under-21s at Bloomfield Road.
- As of 9 March 2014.
|Club||Season||Division||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
- PFA League One Team of the Year: 2012
- Football League Young Player of the Month: August 2011
- Sheffield United Player of the Year: 2012
- Sheffield United Young Player of the Year: 2012
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 44. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 526. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "Sheffield Utd vs Cardiff City". Sheffield United FC Official Web Site. 12 April 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- "Blades too sharp for Latics". Sky Sports. 6 August 2011. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "Long-term deal for Harry". Sheffield United F.C. 19 October 2011. Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- "Harry's a star at End of Season awards". Sheffield United FC Official Web Site. 30 April 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Evans named in League One team". football-league.co.uk. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Blades hammer Magpies in JPT". Sky Sports. 17 October 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "Milestone for Blades teenager". Sky Sports News. 28 February 2013. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "Duo called up to under-21s". The FA.com. 11 November 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Recognition deserved". Sheffield United F.C. 12 November 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Harry makes England bow". Sheffield United FC Official Web Site. 13 November 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- Harry Maguire career stats at Soccerbase
- "Maguire scoops League award". Sheffield United FC Official Web Site. 16 September 2011. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- Harry Maguire career stats at Soccerbase
- Sheffield United Official player profile
- England profile at TheFA