Harry Pussy, January 1997
|Origin||Miami, Florida, United States|
|Genres||noise rock, experimental rock|
|Past members||Adris Hoyos
Harry Pussy was a noise rock band from Miami, active from 1992 to 1997. The main members were Bill Orcutt on guitar and vocals and Adris Hoyos on drums and vocals. Other members included briefly Ian Steinberg on accordion, and later either Mark Feehan or Dan Hosker on second guitar. They recorded primarily for the Siltbreeze label.
The often violent and sexually charged music of Harry Pussy is still well-regarded and highly influential in the noise and noise rock scenes. Bill Orcutt's guitar playing was almost exclusively atonal, and performed on a four-string guitar. Adris Hoyos' unrestricted, freeform vocalisations and drumming have been noted as an influence by Chris Corsano and by Heather Leigh Murray of Charalambides.
Following the dissolution of Harry Pussy, Hoyos began playing sporadically in improv groups and Orcutt focused on film-making. Bill Orcutt started playing live and releasing albums again in 2009. He collaborated with the drummer Paul Hession at the Colour of Space festival and released both an untitled 7" and an LP, A New Way To Pay Old Debts.
- Harry Pussy (1993, Siltbreeze) LP
- Ride a Dove (1996, Siltbreeze) LP/CD
- What was Music? (1996, Siltbreeze) CD compiles first LP early 7" and compilation tracks
- Untitled (1997, no label) LP
- Live at Salon Zwerge (1998, Blackbean & Placenta) one sided LP
- Live Fuck Love Songs (1998, Infinite Egg) LP
- Live (1998, Cherry Smash) 10" - Note: final show, Churchill's, Miami 5/5/97
- Let's Build a Pussy (1998, Blackbean & Placenta) 2XLP
- You'll Never Play This Town Again (2008, Load) CD compiles Tour LP, Live 10" and various singles.
Singles and EP's
- Untitled (1993, Esync) 7"
- Untitled (1993, Esync) 7"
- Please Don't Come Back from the Moon b/w Nazi USA (1994, Blackjack) 7"
- Untitled (a.k.a. Miami Style) (1994, Planet) 7"
- Split w/ Noggin (1994, Chocolate Monk) 7"
- Zero de Conduite (1995, Audible Hiss) 2x7"
- Black Ghost (1996, Siltbreeze) one sided 7"
- Split w/ Bunny Brains (1996, Brutarian) 7" -same material as track one on Bill Orcutt Solo CD
- Split w/ Frosty (1998, Menlo Park) 7"
- Split w/ Pelt (1998, Klang) 7"
- Chuck +1 b/w Mandolin (1998, De Stijl) 7" -credited as Radiation Nation/Toxic Drunks does not say Harry Pussy on record-
- Wreck Small Cocks on Expensive Pussies collaboration w/Cock E.S.P. (1998, Freedom From) Lathe cut 8" edition of 30
- Vigilance (1993, Chocolate Monk)
- Live Fuck Love Songs (1998, Hell's Half Halo) VHS
- Music Generated by Geographical Seclusion and Beer (1993, Esync)
- Bulb/Blackjack Split No. 2 7" (1996, Bulb Records/Blackjack Records) Track - "Orphans (live in CA)"
- Bananafish Mag. No. 9 7" - Track "rehearsing the white improviser"
- Cool Beans Mag. No. 6 7" - NOTE-Same material as track 5 on Frog 7"
- Whump Mag. No. 1 2X7 - Track "psychokiller (pt.s 1 & 2)"
- KAOS Theory (1997, Cottlestone Pie)
- KSPC: the Basement Tapes Volume 2 Live Underground - Track "Nazi USA" (1997,KSPC) CD
- Prayer Is the Answer (1998, 777 was 666)
- RRR-500 Lock Grooves (1998, RRRecords) 12"
- Tarot or Aorta: Memories of a PRE Festival (2003, Smack Shire) CD
- Live on WNUR
- Final Recording Session, Atlanta-3/5/97
- Radiation Nation: Harry Pussy Live in Austin, Texas 1997