Harry S. Barlow
|Full name||Harold Sibthorpe Barlow|
5 April 1860|
|Died||16 July 1917
|Turned pro||1883 (amateur tour)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Wimbledon||F (1889, 1890)|
|Grand Slam Doubles results|
|Last updated on: 14 September 2013.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harry Sibthorpe Barlow.|
At the 1889 Wimbledon Championships, William Renshaw defeated Barlow 3–6, 5–7, 8–6, 10–8, 8–6 in the All Comers Final, and then defeated his brother and reigning champion Ernest Renshaw 6–4, 6–1, 3–6, 6–0 in the Challenge Round to win the 1889 Wimbledon Championships. Renshaw survived a total of six match points in the All Comers Final against Barlow at 2–5 and 6–7 in the fourth set. He reached the All Comers Final again the following year, losing to Willoughby Hamilton in the 1890 Wimbledon Championships, who then defeated reigning champion Renshaw in the Challenge Round.
Grand Slam finals
|1892||Wimbledon Championships||Ernest Lewis|| Herbert Baddeley
|4–6, 6–2, 8–6, 6–4|
|1893||Wimbledon Championships||Ernest Lewis|| Joshua Pim
|6–4, 3–6, 1–6, 6–2, 0–6|
|1894||Wimbledon Championships||Ernest Lewis|| Herbert Baddeley
|7–5, 5–7, 6–4, 3–6, 6–8|
- Teenis Archives
- Barrett, John (2001). Wimbledon : The Official History of the Championships. London: CollinsWillow. p. 238. ISBN 0007117078.
- Bud Collins (2010). The Bud Collins History of Tennis (2nd ed. ed.). [New York]: New Chapter Press. p. 435. ISBN 978-0942257700.
- Wimbledon - The Official History of the Championships by John Barrett, Collins Willow 2001 (the source of this draw)
- "LAWN TENNIS.". Illustrated Sydney News (NSW: National Library of Australia). 5 September 1889. p. 11.
- Tingay, Lance (1977). 100 Years of Wimbledon. Enfield: Guinness Superlatives. pp. 27,28,135,234. ISBN 0900424710.