Harry Shindle Wingert
|Harry Shindle Wingert|
|Died||May 11, 1928 (age 62)
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Franklin & Marshall
|Head coaching record|
College Football Data Warehouse
Franklin & Marshall
Wingert was the head college football coach for the Franklin & Marshall Diplomats located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He held that position for the 1899 season. His coaching record at Franklin & Marshall was 3 wins, 5 losses and 1 tie. As of the conclusion of the 2010 season, this ranks him #31 at Franklin & Marshall in total wins and #30 at the school in winning percentage (.389).
Wingert next became the third head football coach for the Temple Owls located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He held that position for five seasons, from 1901 until 1905. His overall coaching record at Temple was 13 wins, 9 losses, and 2 ties. As of conclusion of the 2008 season, this ranks him ninth at Temple in terms of total wins and sixth at Temple in terms of winning percentage. 
- "Dr Harry Shindel Wingert". Find-A-Grave. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- "Deaths" (pdf). Journal of the American Medical Association (American Medical Association) 90 (22): 1807. 1928. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- Shafer, Ian. "Franklin & Marshall College (All seasons results)". College Football Reference. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- DeLassus, David. "Franklin & Marshall Coaching Records". College Football Data Warehouse. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- Temple Coaching Records
- "Shindle Wingert (records)". SR/College Basketball. Retrieved December 21, 2011.
|This biographical article relating to a college football coach first appointed in the 1890s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|