Hartney, established as a Town in 1882 in the Rural Municipality of Cameron along the Souris River, is a small Town in the South-Western portion of the Canadian province of Manitoba, population 415 (2011 census). It is named after James Hartney.
The Hollywood film The Lookout featuring Jeff Daniels and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and the film The Stone Angel featuring Ellen Burstyn, were filmed in Hartney in 2006; taking advantage of such buildings as the town's grain elevator and museum.
Hartney residents may only own two pets.
- Area: 2.45 km²
- Latitude: 49° 29
- Longitude: -100° 31'
- Area Code: +1-204
- Postal Code: R0M 0X0
Notable people from Hartney
- Jim Agnew - NHL hockey player
- Corey Peloquin - Professional wrestler best known as Chi Chi Cruz
- Henry Champ - Canadian broadcaster and past chancellor of Brandon University
- Reg Atkinson - Former mayor of Hartney and Brandon
- Frederick William Palin - Grandfather of Todd Palin, former First Gentleman of Alaska
This Manitoba location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.