Hartsholme Country Park
Hartsholme Country Park covers more than 200 acres (80 ha) and was designated in 1974 and opened in 1979. It contains a camping area for tents, caravans and motor caravans. It is Grade II listed.
The Park centres on lakes and ornamental grounds originally the work of Edward Milnerin 1862, landscaping the area around a reservoir of 1848. They were built along with a home, Hartsholme Hall, which was demolished in 1951, around the time the grounds became a public park.
In July 2012 the White Bridge was closed, and the deck removed in September, for safety reasons. This was a footbridge built in 1962, on the pylons of the earlier 1902 bridge. Closure interrupts a public right-of-way across the lake. A replacement bridge using the original 1902 supports is planned.
There are two other grade II parks in Lincoln:
- Lincolnshire County Council
- Historic England. "Hartsholme Park (Grade II) (1000984)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- Lincoln City Council - History of Hartsholme Country Park
- Historic England. "Hartsholme Park (1129369)". PastScape. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Fish, Elizabeth (4 July 2012). "Park bridge closed due to being unfit for public use". The Lincolnite. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Fish, Elizabeth (19 June 2013). "Hartsholme Park White Bridge construction to start over summer". The Lincolnite. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Morris, Sam (20 June 2013). "Hartsholme Park bridge completed by Autumn". Lincolnshire Echo. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Fish, Elizabeth (25 July 2011). "Hartsholme Park wins Green Flag award". The Lincolnite. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Green Flag Award for two Lincoln attractions". Lincolnshire Echo. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Green flag awards[dead link]
- "Green flag scheme". Keep Britain Tidy. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hartsholme Country Park.|
- Short, Barry (2013). "Welcome to Hartsholme Country Park". Hartsholme Country Park Advisory Group. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- Description[dead link]
- Photos of park and Hartsholme Electric Model Boat Club
- Croft, Richard (2 April 2013). "Hartsholme Park". Photographic collection. Geograph UK. Retrieved 31 July 2013.