|Elevation||350 m (1,150 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 29|
The town is in northern Tamil Nadu, with an average elevation of 350 meters (1148 feet).
According to the 2001 Indian census Harur has a population of 20,346, 49.99 percent male and 50.01 percent female. Its literacy rate is 75.33 percent, higher than the national average of 59.5 percent. Male literacy is 82.34 percent and female literacy 68.32 percent. 11.72 percent of the population is under age six. Agriculture is the primary occupation.
Places of interest
- Theerthamalai – 12 km (7.5 mi) away
- Vallimadurai Dam – 7 km away
- Sitheri Hills – 26 km (16 mi) away
- Thenakari Kottai - 14 km away
- Kottai Kaaliyamman Temple
- Mettupatty Mariyamman Temple
- Arulmigu Iyyappaswamy Temple
- Vaneeswarar Temple
- Angalamman Temple
- Kamatchyamman Temple
- Kannigaparameswari Temple
The nearest railway station is at Morappur, 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) from Harur.
Molybdenum was discovered near Harur by the Ministry of Mines in 2004. It is the only source of the mineral in India. The ability of molybdenum to withstand extreme temperatures without significantly expanding or softening makes it useful in applications involving intense heat, including the manufacture of aircraft parts, electrical contacts, industrial motors and filaments.
- Indian Matriculation higher secondary school
- Government Boys Higher Secondary School
- Government Girls High School
- St.Anni's Higher Secondary School
- St. Mary's Higher Secondary School
- Government High School, Chinnankuppam
- Muthu Masi High School
- PDRV Matric Higher Secondary School, Sekkampatti(KAT)
- Jayam Vidhyalaya Higher Secondary School
- Kurunchi School, Chinnankuppam
- Annai Matriculation High School, Chinnankuppam
- Sathiyam Matric High School
- Government Arts and Science College(PRUCAS, HARUR)
muthu mase arts and science college and PDRV educational Trust
- State Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Axis Bank (ATM Only)
- Dharmapuri District Central Co-op Bank
- Federal Bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Tamil Nadu Mercantile Bank
- Canara Bank
- ICICI Bank
- VIJAY BCA
- City Union Bank
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harur.|
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- http://www.citt.gc.ca/dumping/inquirie/findings/archive_nq93006_e.asp#I13%7Cname=Canadian International Trade Tribunal of Black Granite
- Emsley, John (2001). Nature's Building Blocks. Oxford: Oxford University Press. pp. 262–266. ISBN 0-19-850341-5.
- Template:Cite web http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal Bank
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies". Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-09.