Harvard Eye Associates
Founded in 1975 by Roger V. Ohanesian, Harvard Eye Associates is involved with a number of charity works. The Armenian Eye Care Project, an international charity that donates medicine, treatment and surgery to Armenia, was founded by Ohanesian in 1992. Dr. Ohanesian and his colleagues have traveled to all parts of Armenia, from earthquake epicenters to war zones, performing reconstructive surgery on hundreds of victims of natural disasters, warfare and landmines. Dr. Ohanesian has completed over 50,000 surgical eye procedures and shares his expertise with other eye doctors as a diagnostic and surgical consultant. Harvard Eye Associates also offers charity services at home, including free pterygium screenings and health fairs. Harvard Eye Associates is one of the most experienced pterygium surgery practices in the world, and Dr. John A. Hovanesian of this practice recently published a book on his advanced surgery technique.[clarification needed]
Many physicians at Harvard Eye Associates perform presentations at OD continuing education seminars and patient information seminars.[clarification needed] Dr. Ohanesian is an acknowledged leader in eye surgery and presently teaches medical and surgical techniques in the United States and internationally. He teaches about the new advanced high-tech lens implants of Bausch and Lomb Crystalens®, Allergan Tecnis® Multifocal and Alcon ReSTOR® lenses.
- "LASIK Orange County Pterygium Lens Implants Eye Doctor Surgeon Eye Exams Cataract Surgery". Harvardeyeassociates.com. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Check Up: Health care still in transition in independent Armenia - Features". ArmeniaNow.com. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "New medical clinics, equipment in COAF villages go hand-and-hand with professional, public health training". Reporter.am. 2008-10-18. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- Avakian, Florence (2009-12-02). "AAHPO Fundraiser at NY Stock Exchange Benefits Eyecare Project, Voskevan Clinic". Armenian Weekly. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- Swegles, Fred (2011-05-26). "Free screenings coming for 'surfer's eye'". The Orange County Register. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Pterygium: Techniques and Technologies for Surgical Success". Slackbooks.com. 2008-05-19. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Hawaiian Eye 2012 | Faculty". Osnhawaiianeye.com. 2011-12-30. Retrieved 2011-12-30.
|This California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|