Harvest Moon: My Little Shop
|Harvest Moon: My Little Shop|
Harvest Moon: My Little Shop, known in Japan as Bokujou Monogatari Series: Makiba no Omise, is a video game by Natsume and Marvelous Interactive. It was released for the Wii via Nintendo's WiiWare service.
In a variation on the usual Harvest Moon focus on farming and animal husbandry, this title revolved around running a shop. Players can choose either a female or male avatar who then creates a series of shops with different designs and utilizes the Wiimote for a series of minigames. The game also incorporates social aspects such as taking snap shots of the shops and posting them on the Wii message board.
The protagonist has taken to running a shop in Clover Town that his grandparents used to run on their farm. The town is rundown, with businesses and people leaving en masse; the player is tasked with the town, and the towns spirits, revival. Characters from previous Harvest Moon games also make an appearance.
The game was previewed at E3 2009. Four sets of add-on content were made available for the game; a Juice Bar Set, an Egg Stand Set, and Ice Cream Set, and a New Friends set between November 2009 and January 2010.
- IGN Staff (2009-03-04). "Harvest Moon Set For WiiWare". IGN. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- IGN Staff (2009-11-23). "Harvest Moon: My Little Shop Sprouts Up On WiiWare Today". IGN. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- IGN Staff (2009-11-23). "Nintendo Download: 11/23/09". IGN. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- Daemon Hatfield (2009-06-04). "E3 2009: Harvest Moon WiiWare Preview". IGN. Retrieved 2013-01-17.
- "Harvest Moon: My Little Shop". Nintendo. 2009-11-23. Retrieved 2013-01-17.