Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law (video game)
|Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law|
North American Wii version boxart
|Developer(s)||High Voltage Software|
|Genre(s)||Visual novel, Interactive movie|
|Distribution||1 × Wii optical disc
1 × DVD-ROM
1 × UMD
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law is a video game developed for the Wii, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable by High Voltage Software released on January 8, 2008. It was published by Capcom and is based on the Adult Swim cartoon of the same name with collaboration of the show's writers and voice actors.
The game is played like the Ace Attorney Capcom court-themed series, but with the Harvey Birdman type of humor and feel. The game also include cameos of Capcom characters within the 5 cases. A trailer for the game shown at the 2007 E3 Convention confirmed that the game included the mechanics of cross-examination and evidences lists from the Ace Attorney series, as well as cameos by many Street Fighter characters. Thanks to the show's simple flash process, the game was able to closely mimic the show's animation.
- The Burning Question: The first segment deals with Peter Potamus being accused of burning down half of Harvey Birdman's house.
- The Cleaning Crew: Magilla Gorilla and Secret Squirrel are accused of robbing Harvey Birdman's office.
- From Glamour to Slamour: Yakky Doodle's latest name change lands him in jail when the Nailgun name makes the authorities think that he's the criminal of the same name. Harvey comes to Yakky's defense, but winds up being jailed himself after it's discovered that his license has expired.
- Personal Piracy: Peanut is suspected of pirating music controlled by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America).
- Two Birds, One Throne: During Phil's absence, Blue Falcon is put in charge who tricks Birdman into hiring prosecutors for his own "embezzling" trial.
- Gary Cole - Harvey Birdman, Hiram Mightor
- Chris Edgerly - Peter Potamus
- Thomas Allen - Peanut
- Paget Brewster - Birdgirl
- John Michael Higgins - Mentok the Mindtaker
- Maurice LaMarche - Azul Falcone, Stan Freezoid, Inch High Private Eye, Magilla Gorilla, Dum Dum
- Neil Ross - Vulturo
- Bill Farmer - Secret Squirrel
- Steven Blum - Yakky Doodle
- Peter MacNicol - X the Eliminator
- Debi Mae West - Gigi
- Lewis Black - Elliott The Deadly Duplicator
- Stephen Stanton - Phil Ken Sebben
- Crispin Freeman - Myron Reducto
- Ace Attorney, another comedy courtroom-based video game series published by Capcom with similar gameplay
- "Wii Takes the Case – Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law Comes Home To Roost on the Latest Nintendo Video Game System" (Press release). Capcom. 2007-09-04. Retrieved 2007-09-04.
- Bergfeld, Carlos (2007-10-22). "Did You Get That Thing I Sent You? No, Not Until 2008 (Harvey Birdman Delayed)". Shacknews. Retrieved 2007-10-22.
- Bergfeld, Carlos (2007-07-20). "E3 07: Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law Preview". Retrieved 2007-07-20.
- Miller, Greg (2008-01-08). "IGN: Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law Review". IGN. Retrieved 2008-01-08.
- Gaming Target - Harvey Birdman to practice on PS2 and PSP
- IGN: PS2 PSP
- GameTrailers - E3 Gameplay Footage