Levin in April 2010
|Born||Harvey Robert Levin
September 2, 1950
Los Angeles, California
|Occupation||Lawyer, celebrity reporter|
|Notable credit(s)||Creator and managing editor of TMZ.com.
Host of TMZ on TV
Legal analyst on The People's Court
Harvey Robert Levin (born September 2, 1950) is an American television producer, lawyer, legal analyst and a celebrity reporter. He is the founder of celebrity gossip website TMZ.com and producer of Famous in 12, a 2014 experiment on the CW network about exploiting a family for fame. 
Levin received his B.A. in political science from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and his J.D. from the University of Chicago. He was an active attorney in California from December 18, 1975, until January 1, 1996.
In 1996, Levin moved to New York to work as a legal analyst for the 1997 revival of The People's Court. He appeared on the show during the 1980s and the first half of the 1990s as a legal consultant and deactivated his California bar license. He became host of the series in 1998, as well as continuing to serve as its legal analyst. Levin served as creator and executive producer for Celebrity Justice from 2002 to 2005.
Levin appeared as a speaker at a fundraising event in West Hollywood, California for the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association in April 2010. During the talk, Levin said, "I'm thinking back a long time when I was starting out as a TV reporter at a local station in LA and I remember at the time – I was probably in my late 20s – and I remember this hell-like fear that if anybody in that newsroom found out that I was gay, that it would be over," he said. "I built it up in my head. I was so terrified that somebody would find out." He went on to discuss about how he had to compartmentalize the gay and non-gay parts of his life.
- "Harvey Levin." Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2010. Gale Biography In Context. Web. April 17, 2011.
- "Harvey Levin." Newsmakers. Vol. 4. Detroit: Gale, 2011. Gale Biography In Context. Web. April 17, 2011.
- "'Famous in 12' pushes the insta-celeb envelope".
a reality series that challenges the fame-starved fam to reach celebrity status in 12 weeks
- "State Bar of CA, Harvey Robert Levin". The State Bar of California website. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- "CNN anchor Daryn Kagan's interview with Levin". May 23, 2003.
- Volcano at IMDB.com
- "TMZ’s Harvey Levin talks about being gay in the news business: "I was so terrified that somebody would find out."". Greginhollywood.com. 2010-04-23. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- Harvey Levin at the Internet Movie Database
- Michael Cieply, "A Star Watcher Has Star Power", New York Times, October 25, 2008