Sollberger holds an M.A. degree from Columbia University, where his composition instructors included Jack Beeson and Otto Luening. In 1962 he co-founded (with Charles Wuorinen) The Group for Contemporary Music in New York City, which he directed for 27 years.
He is emeritus professor of music at the University of California, San Diego. He taught at Columbia University, the Manhattan School of Music, and Indiana University. From 1997 to 2005 he served as Music Director of the La Jolla Symphony and Chorus.
His music has been released on Composers Recordings, Inc..
- 1989 Rome Prize
- 1969 Guggenheim Fellowship 
- Fromm commission
- Koussevitzky commission
- Naumberg Foundations commission
- National Endowment for the Arts 
- "gcm". Stokar.com. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "Department of Music :". Musicweb.ucsd.edu. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "Harvey Sollberger - John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation". Gf.org. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "Harvey Sollberger- Bio, Albums, Pictures – Naxos Classical Music". Naxos.com. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
|This article about a United States composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|