From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The U.S. Post Office at Harwood, Maryland, in May 2010.
|Country||United States of America|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||590432|
Southern High School is nearby.
- Stan Stearns, the photographer who captured the iconic image of a three-year-old John F. Kennedy, Jr. saluting the coffin of his father, US President John F. Kennedy, at his father's funeral, died at a hospice in Harwood on Friday, March 2, 2012.
- George Washington dined at Rawlings' Tavern, established by Jonathan Rawlings in 1771, located in Harwood, on September 26, 1773, on his way to the Annapolis races.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Harwood, Maryland
- "Stan Stearns dies at 76; photographer at JFK's funeral". Los Angeles Times (Tribune Company). 4 March 2012. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- J. J. Prats (25 October 2007). "Rawlings' Tavern Marker". The Historical Marker Database (HMdb.org). Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- Harwood, MD Community Profile
- Historic places (National Register Listings)