Haseena Maan Jaayegi
|Haseena Maan Jaayegi|
|Directed by||David Dhawan|
|Produced by||Smita Thackeray|
|Written by||Rumi Jaffery
|Music by||Anu Malik
|Cinematography||K.S. Prakash Rao|
|Editing by||A. Muthu|
|Distributed by||Rahul Productions|
|Release dates||25 June 1999|
|Running time||147 mins|
Haseena Maan Jaayegi is a 1999 Indian Bollywood comedy film, starring Govinda, Sanjay Dutt, Karishma Kapoor, Pooja Batra, Anupam Kher, Kader Khan, Aruna Irani and Paresh Rawal. It was directed by David Dhawan. The film was inspired by the movie Pyar Kiye Ja.
Amirchand (Kader Khan) is the ill-fated father of two mischievous sons - Sonu (Sanjay Dutt) and Monu (Govinda). Both of them are always up with one prank or the other, most of them aimed at stealing money from Amirchand.
In the opening scene, they call up their father, acting as gangsters, and ask for a huge sum if he wants to live. The plan fails as Amirchand turns out to be the driver of the taxi in which they were escaping. Later, they fix up the marriage of their father with Shakuntala (Bindu) and take one lakh ruppees as advance dowry from her brother Jamnadas (Asrani). This plan also fails as Amirchand refuses to entertain Jamnadas and his sister.
Amirchand warns their sons to become serious towards life if they want to live in his home. He asks Monu to join office and Sonu to go to Goa for claiming some money he had lent to someone. Whereas Monu plays another prank by calling up a girls hostel and flirting with Ritu (Karishma Kapoor),Sonu mistakenly goes to one Gulzarilal Verma (Anupam Kher) for claiming the money, where he meets Pooja (Pooja Batra). Both Ritu and Pooja are Gulzarilal's daughters.
Sonu and Monu fall in love with Pooja and Ritu, respectively. Sonu calls up Monu to come to Goa, disguised as his Uncle for fixing up his and Pooja's marriage. This leads to a series of confusions as Gulzarilal's sister Santho (Aruna Irani) also falls in love with Monu (disguised as Uncle).
To get rid of the problem, Sonu and Monu throw a dummy of the Uncle from top of a cliff, only to land up getting arrested for killing the non-existent uncle. Amirchand comes to know of this and reaches Goa with his assistant Kunj Biharilal (Satish Kaushik). As they along with Gulzarilal are on their way to police station, they are kidnapped by a Bhai (Ashish Vidyarthi). Sonu and Monu escape from the lockup with Bhootnath's (Paresh Rawal) help and rescue their father and to-be father-in-law, thus proving to be worthy sons.
- Sanjay Dutt ... Sonu
- Govinda ... Monu
- Karisma Kapoor ... Ritu Verma
- Pooja Batra ... Pooja Verma
- Kader Khan ... Amirchand
- Paresh Rawal ... Bhootnath
- Satish Kaushik ... Kunj Biharilal
- Aruna Irani ... Santho Verma
- Anupam Kher ... Gulzarilal Verma
- Ashish Vidyarthi ... Bhai (gangster)
- Aashif Sheikh ... Pritam Nath
- Razak Khan ... Bhai's henchman
- Pushpa Verma ... Premnath's wife
- Mohan Joshi ... Prem Nath
- Bindu ... Shakuntala (Guest appearance)
- Asrani ... Jamnadas (Guest appearance) (as Asrani)
- Shakti Kapoor ... Himself
- Anil Dhawan ... Police Commissioner
- Mahavir Shah ... Goa Police Inspector
|1||"I Love You Bol Daal"||Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam, Sudesh Bhosle||06:40|
|2||"What Is Mobile Number?"||Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam||06:10|
|3||"Panga Na Le Mere Naal"||Sonu Nigam, Poornima||06:20|
|4||"Chiti Pahad Chadhe"||Shankar Mahadevan, Hema Sardesai, Ehsaan||06:34|
|5||"Yun Hua"||Sonu Nigam, Alka Yagnik||07:42|
|6||Dulha Bhi Lajawab Hai||Ram Shankar, Sonu Nigam, Kavita Krishnamurthy||07:15|
|7||"Haseena Maan Jayegi"||Shankar Mahadevan, Ehsaan||06:48|
- In the beginning of the film, Sanjay Dutt and Govinda are in a restaurant and don't have money to pay the bill. Govinda pick pockets Shakti Kapoor for his wallet and then tries to keep it back but his hand gets stuck. This scene is taken from The Return of Mr. Bean, an episode from the Mr.Bean television series. This scene is repeated in the movie Dhamaal.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|