||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
Hassan Nisar on Geo TV
5 July 1951 |
|Education||Masters in Economics from University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan|
Hassan Nisar (Urdu: حسن نثار ) is a journalist columnist and an analyst from Pakistan. Hassan Nisar is a well known commonsense journalist whose commentary empasize on improving governance . He is known for his firm stand on various issues and his analysis is also followed by educated and people of conciouness . He has many follower and a huge fan base. Hassan Nisar is serving cause of justice in Pakistan .. He has presented his own Urdu talk show Choraha (meaning Crossroads) in Geo TV, Pakistan.
Nisar started his career as a journalist from Dhanak Magazine owned and run by Sarwar Sukhera in 1970s. Soon Hasan Nisare became the Editor of Dhanak. He composed poetry,movie songs and edited a magazine Monthly Zanjeer in 1980. After emergence of private TV channels in Pakistan, he has appeared on TV talk shows including Meray Mutabiq and "Choraha" on Geo News. His presentations are in Urdu. His commentaries in print and electronic media focusing on contemporary Pakistan, and the political history of Islam, which are conservative in nature.
Hassan Nisar is a politically funded columnist and an analyst with his own talk show Choraha which he used to do on Geo TV, Pakistan. His presentations are in Urdu. His commentaries in print media and television focusing on contemporary Pakistan, and the political history of Islam, which are conservative in nature, have earned him praise both from Nationalist and Islamic elements in Pakistan. Nisar started off his career as a journalist, but with time and the emergence of private TV channels in Pakistan, he has appeared on or hosted TV talk shows including Meray Mutabiq and "Choraha" on Geo News. He left Jang Group and GEO TV Network in August 2012 due to some differences with management related to his compensation and moved to Dunya News, which is another new private channel. There he resumed his signature program with different title "Meri Dunya". However, after a short stint at DUNYA News (about 8 months), he re-joined Jang Group and GEO TV Network in late April 2013 after his issues were resolved.
- "Hassan Nisar – Family Interview in the magazine "Gourmet Khawateen", issue September 2013, (in Urdu)". Reviewwit.pk. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Interview with Hassan Nisar". http://reviewit.pk/hassan-nisar-family-interview/.
- "Is London Pakistan’s secret capital?", The Nation (Pakistan), October 9, 2010, retrieved 2010-10-22,
... 'Choraha' on Geo News ... Guest is Kamran Shafi and hosts are Hassan Nisar and Yasir Pirzada ...[dead link]
- "کالم نگار جهالت اور جزبات فروشی کا کام کرتے هیں ("Columnists spread ignorance and sensationalism")", Urdu Point, retrieved 2010-10-22,
... 'ضیاء الحق ایک بےایمان آدمی تها، اس ملک کا بیڑا غرق کر گیا' ('Zia-ul-Haq was a dishonest man, and ruined Pakistan') ...
- "Hassan Nisar Career". http://www.pakistanherald.com/profile/hassan-nisar-904.
- "About Hassan Nisar". http://www.rationalistpakistan.com/the-curious-case-of-hassan-nisar/.