Left to right: Mark Sloan, Waldo the Parrot, Blake Harrison
|Genres||Death metal, grindcore|
|Associated acts||Pig Destroyer, Triac|
Waldo the Parrot
Hatebeak was a death metal band, formed by Blake Harrison, Mark Sloan, and Waldo, a 21-year-old Congo African Grey Parrot. Hatebeak was the only band to have an "avian" vocalist. The band members do not use their last names on their releases "for the mystery". Hatebeak never toured so as to not torture the bird. Hatebeak was strictly a studio project with unintelligible lyrics and no melody. They were signed to Reptilian Records. The band split-up in 2009.
Their sound has been described as "a jackhammer being ground in a compactor". Aquarius Records magazine called Hatebeak "furious and blasting death metal". Hatebeak made their second record with Caninus, a band whose lead singers are two dogs. Hatebeak's goal was to "raise the bar for extreme music".
- Blake Harrison (Pig Destroyer) – drums
- Mark Sloan – guitar, bass
- Waldo the Parrot – vocals
- Beak of Putrefaction split with Longmont Potion Castle (2004)
- Bird Seeds of Vengeance split with Caninus (2005)
- The Thing That Should Not Beak split with Birdflesh (2007)
- "Death metal band with parrot as lead singer -- Hatebeak".
- "Full Metal Parrot". The Daily Beast. 2014-03-13.
- "Parrot Chronicles magazine". Archived from the original on 2007-03-17. Retrieved 2007-04-11.
- Carla Thornton (2004-10-30). ""Birds of a feather sing death metal together" - San Francisco Chronicle". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-04-11.
- BLABBERMOUTH.NET - For Those About To Squawk: Metal Bands With Non-Human Singers
- INTERVIEW | Destroying all in their path: Pig Destroyer on their upcoming Aussie tour - FasterLouder.com.au
|This article on a heavy metal musician or group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|