|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
Hatesphere performing live Hamburg Metal Dayz 2014
|Genres||Melodic death metal
|Labels||Scarlet Records, SPV GmbH, Napalm Records|
|Associated acts||Barcode, Allhelluja, Koldborn, Artillery, Mercenary, Dawn Of Demise|
|Members||Peter Lyse Hansen
Esben "Esse" Hansen
|Past members||Mixen Lindberg
Jonathan "Joller" Albrechtsen
Niels Peter "Ziggy" Siegfredsen
Morten Toft Hansen
Mikael Ehlert Hansen
Hatesphere is a Danish death and thrash metal band from Aarhus. The band was formed in 1998 by guitarist Peter "Pepe" Hansen. As of 2010, the band consists of vocalist Esben "Esse" Hansen, guitarists Peter "Pepe" Hansen, and Jakob Nyholm, bass player Jimmy Nedergaard and drummer Mike Park. The band has released six albums and two EPs to date. The new album "The Great Bludgeoning" is to be released in the end of September 2011.
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2009)|
Formed in Aarhus, Denmark, by guitarist Peter "Pepe" Hansen in 1998, HateSphere quickly overpowered the Danish metal scene, while concurrently setting an immeasurable new standard for thrash metal domestically and abroad. HateSphere’s first three albums, Hatesphere, Bloodred Hatred and Ballet of the Brute, upgraded the band’s status from local sensation to Europe’s hottest up and coming thrash quintet. Under the leadership of Scarlet Records, HateSphere toured Europe with The Haunted in 2003 and again with Exodus in 2004, while also turning heads at Wacken Open Air, With Full Force, and Hellfest Festivals.
In 2005, HateSphere inked a deal with SPV Records and assembled a production team of established Danish producers; including Tommy Hansen, Jacob Hansen, and Tue Madsen. The Sickness Within was released in September of that same year receiving rave reviews from the worldwide metal media. The pure ferocity, complexity, and brutal grooves enshrined in the album, landed HateSphere on multiple tours of Europe with Kreator, Morbid Angel, Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity, and Chimaira. In addition to headlining shows in support of The Sickness Within, the band made appearances at Wacken Open Air, Metal Camp, and Roskilde Festival.
HateSphere continued to raise its profile on an international level by touring Japan, co-headlining the UK with Gojira, and headlining the first edition of The Danish Dynamite tour with Raunchy and Volbeat. HateSphere again made history by being the first Danish band to tour China. Following the 2007 release of Serpent Smiles and Killer Eyes, HateSphere yet again hit the road headlining Europe with Aborted and Dagoba, which was followed by successful performances at Wacken Open Air and Roskilde Festivals and a support tour of Poland with Behemoth in September.
Serpent Smiles and Killer Eyes also shot up to position 26 on the Danish National Music Charts. Soon thereafter, HateSphere amicably parted ways with then vocalist Jacob Bredahl, who chose to concentrate on other musical endeavors. Without missing a beat, HateSphere assembled its strongest, and present lineup, showcasing its intensity, bottomless drive, and ravenous new frontman Joller Albrechtsen at the 2007 Danish Metal Awards (DMeA). All doubt cast over the band’s lineup instantly shattered as the band hit the ground running with a month long co-headlining tour of Europe with Swedish legends Dismember. HateSphere was indeed back in business.
HateSphere entered Antfarm Studios in November 2008 to record the next album entitled To the Nines. To the Nines was recorded, mixed and mastered in less than a month under the leadership of longtime friend and producer Tue Madsen (Earth Crisis, The Haunted, Heaven Shall Burn) at AntFarm Studios in Aarhus and was released by Napalm Records.
In February 2010 vocalist Jonathan "Joller" Albrechtsen left Hatesphere, and the band announced that Mevadio singer Morten "Kruge" Madsen would replace Albrechtsen on the February–March North American tour with The Black Dahlia Murder, Obscura, and Augury.
In July 2010 the band announced that a permanent replacement for Jonathan "Joller" Albrechtsen had been found in Esben "Esse" Hansen, also known from Danish metal band As We Fight. At the same point it became known that bass player Mixen Lindberg had left the band and that he would be temporarily replaced by the band's former bass player and founding member Mikael Ehlert until the end of 2010. The band toured the US and Canada September–November 2010 supporting Nevermore. In May 2011 the band announced that Gob Squad bass player Jimmy Nedergaard had joined the band.
- Esben "Esse" Hansen - vocal (2010-)
- Peter "Pepe" Lyse Hansen – rhythm and lead guitar (1998-)
- Jakob Nyholm – rhythm guitar (2007-)
- Mike Park - drums (2009-)
- Jimmy Nedergaard - bass (2011-)
- Jacob "Dr. J" Bredahl (1998–2007) (Chaosium, Allhelluja, The Kandidate, Barcode, Last Mile)
- Jonathan "Joller" Albrechtsen (2007–2010) (Scarred by Beauty, Mudslide)
- Lead guitars
- Niels Peter "Ziggy" Siegfredsen (1998–2003) (Cryonic)
- Henrik "Heinz" Bastrup Jacobsen (2003–2007) (Koldborn, Sadogoat)
- Mikael Ehlert Hansen (1998–2007)
- Mixen Lindberg (2007–2010)
- Jesper Moesgaard (1998–2000)
- Morten Toft Hansen (2000–2003) (Raunchy)
- Anders "Andy Gold" Gyldenøhr (2003–2007) (Grope, Artillery, Pixie Killers)
- Dennis Buhl – drums (2007–2009) (The Downward Candidate/The Kandidate, Sinphonia, SIC, Evil Masquerade)
- Morten "Kruge" Madsen – vocals (2010)
- Morten Løwe Sørensen - drums (2005)
- Henrik "Heinz" Bastrup Jacobsen - guitar (14 June 2008 in at Rock Palace Open Air in Pushkin, Russia, standing in for Jakob Nyholm as well as 19 February 2010 at Rock 51 in Sarpsborg, Norway, standing in for Peter "Pepe" Lyse Hansen. The latter is the only show so far in the band's history to not feature Peter Lyse Hansen)
- Mikael Ehlert Hansen – bass (2010)
- Nikolaj Harlis Poulsen - bass (2013)
- Hatesphere (2001)
- Bloodred Hatred (2002)
- Ballet of the Brute (2004)
- The Sickness Within (2005)
- Serpent Smiles and Killer Eyes (2007)
- To the Nines (2009)
- The Great Bludgeoning (2011)
- Murderlust (2013)
- Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Black (EP, 2003)
- The Killing (EP, 2005)
- Sickness Within
- Reaper of Life
- Forever War
- Drinking With the King of the Dead
- To the Nines
- Ressurect with A Vengeance
- Smell of Death
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hatesphere.|