|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||HR 52|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Faridabad Lok Sabha Constituency|
As of 2001[update] India census, Hathin had a population of 10,913. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Hathin has an average literacy rate of 59%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 69%, and female literacy is 47%. In Hathin, 19% of the population is under 6 years of age.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (February 2013)|
Hathin falls under the Sub-Tropical, Semi-arid climatic zone with extremely hot temperature in summer. Dryness of air is standard feature in Mewat except during the monsoon season. May and June are the hottest months of the year with the temperature ranging from 30C to 48C. January, on the other hand is the coldest month with temperature ranging between 2 °C to 25 °C. Strong dusty winds are conspicuous during summer.
The annual rainfall varies considerably from year to year. The maximum rainfall is experienced during the monsoon season, which reaches its peak in the month of July. The principal precipitation occurs during monsoon period from June to September when about 80% of the rainfall is received. The average rainfall varies from 336 mm to 440 mm in the Town.
Humidity is considerably low during the greater part of the year. The Mewat experiences high humidity only during the monsoon period. The period of minimum humidity (less than 20%) is between April and May.
During the monsoon, the sky is heavily clouded, and winds are strong during this period. Winds are generally light during the post-monsoon and winter months. Region Specific Weather Phenomena
Hathin experiences a high incidence of thunderstorms and dust storms, often accompanied by violent squalls (andhar) during the period April to June. Sometimes the thunderstorms are accompanied by heavy rain and occasionally by hailstorms. In the winter months, fog sometimes appears in the City
Huda has announced a land for shoping complex in the town as well residential plots. Building of community health center being updated and mini secretariat for all official works is under construction.
- Modish public school
- Shanti public school
- Tagore shiksha niketan public school
- St. john public school
- Yadav acadmy
- Sehrawat public school
- Gov. girls senior sec. school
- Gov. boys senior sec. school
- gov. primary school
- Ned D.P.S Bhanguri
- Sehrawat degree college
- Yadav degree college
- Government Industrial Training Institute
- Government polytechnic college Uttawar
Electricity in the town is provided by DHBVN. State transport Haryana roadways buses connects town to district palwal and with cities like Gurgaon Delhi and Chandigarh.
- State bank of india main market gehlab road
- State bank of patiala gehlab road hathin
- Oriental bank of commerce gehlab road
- Bank of Baroda gehlab road
- Canara bank bus stand road
- Sarv haryana gramin bank gehlab road
- The co-operative bank
- PLDB bank
- Axis bank ATM
- "Parliamentary/Assembly Constituency wise Electors in Final Roll 2009". Chief Electoral Officer, Haryana.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.