Hatsavita Mountain Warfare Training Centre
|Hatsavita Mountain Training Center|
|Labinsk, Krasnodar Krai in Russia|
|In use||2005 - present|
The Hatsavita Mountain Training Center is a Ministry of Internal Affairs (Russia) (or MVD) training facility located in Labinsk, Krasnodar Krai, southern Russia. The MVD, together with the Federal Security Service (FSB), carries out most internal security operations in Chechnya.
The "Hatsavita" mountain training center was organized in 2005 to increase the effectiveness of Russian Army special forces (Spetsnaz GRU) during fighting in North Caucasus Mountains, especially Chechnya and Dagestan.
- The center works year-round and the training process takes 4-5 weeks. Soldiers learn the basics of rock climbing, mountain tactics, mountaineering, etc.
- Dmitry Chebotayev, Photoshelter, accessed July 2009
- Isby, David C., Weapons and tactics of the Soviet Army, Jane's Publishing Company Limited, London, 1988
- Carey Schofield, 'The Russian Elite: Inside Spetsnaz and the Airborne Forces,' Greenhill, London, 1993
- (Russian) Russian Special Ops Units
- (Russian) Ministry of Internal Affairs special forces
- (Russian) http://www.kommersant.ru/k-vlast/get_page.asp?page_id=2005769-22.htm
- (Russian) Russian Special Forces