Hattie Hayridge at Play.com Live 2008
|Born||Carol A Bayford
17 December 1954
Edmonton, London, England
|Education||University of Sussex|
Hattie Hayridge (born Carol A Bayford 17 December 1954 in Edmonton, London) is an English stand-up comedian and actress, best known for the role of the female version of Holly in Red Dwarf during the third, fourth and fifth series, along with the role of Hilly in Parallel Universe, the final episode of the second series.
After graduating from the University of Sussex, she started her working life in the Civil Service at HMSO in London, before moving into stand-up comedy. Hayridge has performed on Perry And Croft: The Sitcoms, Lenny Goes To Town with Lenny Henry, and Alter Ego. She has also written for two shows, Rory Bremner and Carrott-U-Like, and has made numerous guest appearances on other shows including the German-Canadian sci-fi series Lexx where she played Sub-Warden Heidi in the third episode of the fourth season called "P4X".
Hayridge appeared on Robert Llewellyn's CarPool in March 2010. Hattie said that the previous year she was asked to tell a joke at US Immigration in order to prove her occupation as 'comedian', she told the official: "The reason I'm here is I want to go to Disney Land. The nice bits obviously, not the touristy bits".
She was due to appear at the Comedy All Stars show on 14 June 2013 at Barton Hall, Horndean.
- Random Abstract Memory (autobiography) Penguin (UK), 1998. ISBN 978-0-14-026093-9
- Sit-Down Comedy (contributor to anthology, ed Malcolm Hardee & John Fleming) Ebury Press/Random House, 2003. ISBN 978-0-09-188924-1
- Perry And Croft: The Sitcoms at the Internet Movie Database
- Lenny Goes To Town at the Internet Movie Database
- Totally Looped website
- CarPool, Hattie Hayridge on CarPool, March 2010, retrieved 09 March 2010
- Comedy All Stars, Hattie Hayridge at Comedy All Stars, June 2013, retrieved 27 May 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hattie Hayridge.|
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|