The U.S. Post Office in Haughton
|Elevation||239 ft (72.8 m)|
|Area||13.6 km2 (5.3 sq mi)|
|- land||13.6 km2 (5 sq mi)|
|- water||0.0 km2 (0 sq mi)|
|Density||253.2 / sq mi (97.8 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Haughton is located at  15 miles (24 km) east of Bossier City and 17 miles (27 km) east of Shreveport. Interstate 20 touches the northwest corner of the town, with access from Exit 33 (Elm Street).(32.530016, -93.506350),
As of the census of 2010, there were 3,454 people, 1,317 households, and 959 families residing in the town. The population density was 822.4 people per square mile (317.5/km²). There were 1,417 housing units in total. The racial makeup of the town was 78.2% White, 18.2% African American, 0.6% Native American, 0.5% Asian, and 1.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.5% of the population.
There were 1,317 households out of which 30.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.4% were married couples living together, 16.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.2% were non-families. The average household size was 2.62 and the average family size was 3.03.
In the town the population was spread out with 29.9% under the age of 19, 6.4% from 20 to 24, 30.1% from 25 to 44, 24.3% from 45 to 64, and 9.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32.5 years. Females comprised 51.4% of the total population while males comprised 48.6%.
The median income for a household in the town was $46,147, and the median income for a family was $57,000. Males had a median income of $42,897 versus $26,196 for females. The per capita income for the town was $20,881.
- Myron Baker, linebacker for the Chicago Bears from 1993 to 1995
- Joe Delaney, NFL player for the Kansas City Chiefs who drowned while saving three children
- Jack Favor, rodeo star falsely imprisoned in 1967 at the Louisiana State Penitentiary for the murders on April 17, 1964, of Mr. and Mrs. W. H. Richey, who operated a bait and tackle business near Haughton. He was framed for the murders, which he blamed on collusion among Bossier Parish Sheriff W. E. "Willie" Waggonner, chief deputy Vol Dooley, and Judge O. E. Price and District Attorney Louis H. Padgett, Jr., both of the 26th Judicial District. Favor was released with acquittal in a second trial in 1974. Favor was from Fort Worth; there he is no indication that he had ever been in Haughton. His two trials were in the Bossier Parish Courthouse in Benton.
- John A. Franks, Thoroughbred racehorse breeder who won an Eclipse Award for Outstanding Owner
- Harold Montgomery, Bossier-Webster state senator lived near Doyline but is interred beside his wife in Haughton Cemetery.
- Don Shows, began his 50-year football coaching career in the early 1960s at Haughton High School
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Haughton has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
Hillcrest Cemetery, Haughton, LA MVI 2643.jpg|Hill Crest Cemetery in Haughton is one of the larger Bossier Parish cemeteries. It contains the grave of Johnny Horton. Fountain at Hillcrest Cemetery in Haughton, LA MVI 2645.jpg|The fountain at Hill Crest Cemetery; there is also a smaller Haughton Cemetery established in 1945. Haughton, LA High School IMG 7306 2.jpg|Haughton High School; team name, Buccaneers Revised Haughton Middle School IMG 3930.JPG|Haughton Middle School campus First Baptist Church of Haughton, LA IMG 7310 1.jpg|First Baptist Church is located at 105 East Washington Avenue; pastor Gevan Spinney (2013).
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Haughton town, Louisiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml American Fact Finder
- ""Not Guilty"". cowboysforchrist.net. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- "Coach Donald Harrison Shows". The Monroe News-Star. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- Climate Summary for Haughton, Louisiana