The church and the belfry of Haukipudas
Location of Haukipudas in Finland
|• Municipality manager||Jarmo Ronkainen|
|• Total||1,023.62 km2 (395.22 sq mi)|
|• Land||441.01 km2 (170.27 sq mi)|
|• Water||582.61 km2 (224.95 sq mi)|
|Area rank||108th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||59th largest in Finland|
|• Density||43.2/km2 (112/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.2% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||26.2%|
|• 15 to 64||63.7%|
|• 65 or older||10.1%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.75%|
Haukipudas is a town and former municipality of Finland. It's located in the province of Oulu and part of the Northern Ostrobothnia region. Its shore runs along the Gulf of Bothnia, with the river Kiiminkijoki running through the province. Alongside with Kiiminki, Oulunsalo and Yli-Ii municipalities it was merged with the city of Oulu on 1 January 2013.
The municipality had a population of 19,053 (31 January 2014) and covered an area of 1,023.62 square kilometres (395.22 sq mi) of which 582.61 km2 (224.95 sq mi) is water. The population density is 43.2 inhabitants per square kilometre (112 /sq mi).
The municipality was unilingually Finnish.
There were 16 villages in Haukipudas: Kirkonkylä, Santaholma, Ukonkaivos, Martinniemi, Asemakylä, Onkamo, Halosenniemi, Holstinmäki, Häyrysenniemi, Jokikylä, Kalimeenkylä, Kello, Kiviniemi, Parkumäki, Takkuranta and Virpiniemi.
The educational department took part in Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 in Finland.
- The Haukipudas Church, built in 1762.
Haukipudas photo gallery
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.1.2014" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
|This Oulu Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|