Haunt (video game)
Haunt is a horror-themed adventure game developed by NanaOn-Sha and Zoë Mode, and published by Microsoft Studios. It was made available for download worldwide on the Xbox 360 via Xbox Live Arcade on January 18, 2012. The game requires the Kinect peripheral.
Haunt is played using the Kinect peripheral. Players use their body to control gameplay. One hand is used to control the on-screen flashlight, while other motions do things such as opening sarcophagi and doors. Emphasis on the player's entire body is used. For example, the player must cover their ears to avoid the loud scream of a banshee. Some sections of the game are automatically navigated, while in others players are free to roam the environment.
The game idea was originally conceived by Masaya Matsuura, a video game designer who created the PaRappa the Rapper series. It was revealed at the Tokyo Game Show 2010. The game was designed to be child friendly rather than be a horror-focused title. British development team Zoë Mode created the majority of the game including programming, artwork and design with NanaOn-Sha overseeing the project. The game was originally planned for a 2011 release, but was delayed until 2012. Tim Schafer is featured as the voice of Benjamin Muldoon (the mansion's owner & narrator) in the game.
- JC Fletcher (September 23, 2011). "Haunt preview: Spirited entertainment". Joystiq. AOL.
- Caoili, Eric (September 23, 2011). "Lots Of Gameplay, Giant Eye In New Haunt Trailer". GameSetWatch. UBM TechWeb.
- Sheffield, Brandon (December 29, 2011). "NanaOn-Sha: Changing The World Of Games". Gamasutra. UBM Tech.
- Cifaldi, Frank (September 15, 2011). "Horror Game Haunt Coming from Parappa Creator for Kinect". 1UP.com. News Corporation.
- Watts, Steve (December 29, 2011). "Haunt developers inspired by Tim Schafer's GDC speech". Shacknews.com. Retrieved January 12, 2012.
- Plunkett, Luke (September 16, 2010). "PaRappa Creator Turns Kinect Into A Haunted House". Kotaku. Gawker Media.
- Ashcraft, Brian (September 15, 2011). "Do You Know Whose Voice Haunts This Game?". Kotaku. Gawker Media.
- Kollar, Phil (September 2010). "PaRappa The Rapper Creator Making Haunted House Sim For Kinect". GameInformer. GameStop.
- Sheffield, Brandon (December 29, 2011). "NanaOn-Sha: Changing The World Of Games". Gamasutra. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "Haunt for Xbox 360". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 20, 2012.
- "Haunt for Xbox 360". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 20, 2012.
|This adventure game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|