|Origin||Zagreb, SR Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Genres||New Wave, post-punk, ska, reggae, funk, world music|
|Years active||1979 – 1990|
|Associated acts||Azra, Darko Rundek i Cargo Trio, Vještice|
|Past members||Darko Rundek
The basis of the band was formed in 1977, when singer and occasional guitarist Darko Rundek met bassist Srđan Sacher. Two years later they formed Haustor, together with Ozren Štiglić (guitar) and Boris Leiner (drums), who also played in another prominent Yugoslav rock band Azra. During 1980 they added Zoran Vuletić (keyboard) and a brass section. The group was mostly influenced by Caribbean music.
Haustor released its self-titled debut album in 1981. All of the songs were written by either Sacher or Rundek. Sacher's reggae song "Moja prva ljubav" (My First Love) became a hit, and it still remains popular in the former Yugoslav countries.
After a pause, which was caused by the members' conscription in the former Yugoslav People's Army, their second album, titled Treći svijet (Third World), was released in 1984. However, soon afterwards Sacher left the band, leaving Rundek as the sole composer and lyricist of the band.
Haustor released two more albums, Bolero (1985) and Tajni grad (1988), before breaking up in 1990. The group gathered again during the 1990s for a temporary reunion and later finally disbanded.
- Haustor (1981)
- Treći svijet (1984)
- Bolero (1985)
- Tajni grad (1988)
- 1981. 1984. 1985. 1988. (1995)
- Platinum Collection (2007)
- The Ultimate Collection (2008)
- The Ultimate Haustor Collection (2009)
- Ulje je na vodi (1995)
- "Moja prva ljubav / Pogled u BB" (1981)
- "Radio / Crni žbir" (1981)
- "Zima / Majmuni i mjesec / Capri" (1981)
- "Ena" / "Take the Money and Run" (1985)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)|
- "Izvođači - Darko Rundek" (in Croatian). Menart Records. Retrieved 2010-08-12. "Početak glazbene karijere Darka Rundeka vezan je uz grupu Haustor, jednu od najvažnijih pojava zagrebačke glazbene scene. [...] Debi pločom, bogatom svježim idejama i efektnim koncertima, vrlo brzo su se nametnuli kao jedan od vodeća četiri zagrebačka benda iz perioda novog vala."