Location of Haute-Loire in France
|• President of the General Council||Gérard Roche|
|• Total||4,977 km2 (1,922 sq mi)|
|• Density||42/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|^1 French Land Register data, which exclude estuaries, and lakes, ponds, and glaciers larger than 1 km2|
The department covers the upper reaches of the Loire. Parts of the department belong to Parc naturel régional Livradois-Forez.
The inhabitants of the department are called Altiligériens.
The de Polignac family has its historic seat there, and various descendants of the general Lafayette were senators for this region in the nineteenth century.
- Cantons of the Haute-Loire department
- Communes of the Haute-Loire department
- Arrondissements of the Haute-Loire department
- Who Was Who in America, Historical Volume, 1607-1896. Marquis Who's Who. 1967.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Haute-Loire.|
- (French) Prefecture website
- (French) Regional council website
- (English) Haute-Loire on the Open Directory Project
- (English) Tourist website
- (English) The Haut-Allier Website concerned with the western half of the Haute Loire which follows the relatively unknown Allier valley and gorges
- (English) (French) Regordane Info Independent portal for the Regordane Way or St Gilles Trail. (The Regordane Way crosses The Haute-Loire, commencing from Le Puy southwards)