Haw Creek Township, Knox County, Illinois
|Haw Creek Township|
Location in Knox County
Knox County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Total||35.77 sq mi (92.6 km2)|
|• Land||35.77 sq mi (92.6 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||650 ft (198 m)|
|• Density||12.9/sq mi (5.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61428, 61436, 61458|
|GNIS feature ID||0429122|
Haw Creek Township is one of twenty-one townships in Knox County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 461 and it contained 193 housing units. Its name was changed from Ohio township on June 8, 1853.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.77 square miles (92.6 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Maquon (north edge)
- Gilson at
The township contains these five cemeteries: Clark Chapel, Gilson, Harshbarger, Maquon and Russell.
- Farmington Central Community Unit School District 265
- Knoxville Community Unit School District 202
- Spoon River Valley Community Unit School District 4
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Haw Creek Township, Knox County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Knox Township||Persifer Township||Truro Township|
|Orange Township||Elba Township|
|Chestnut Township||Maquon Township||Salem Township|