|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2012)|
|Chairman of the Commission on Elections|
December 7, 1989 – June 5, 1991
|Appointed by||Corazon Aquino|
|Preceded by||Hilario Davide, Jr.|
|Succeeded by||Christian Monsod|
|Commissioner on Elections|
July 15, 1986 – February 11, 1993
|Chairman of the Presidential Commissioner on Good Government|
July 17, 2001 – September 13, 2005
|Preceded by||Jorge V. Sarmiento|
|Succeeded by||Camilo Sabio|
March 4, 1941|
Enrique B. Magalona, Negros Occidental, Philippines
|Died||September 13, 2005
Chicago, United States
Yorac was born on March 4, 1941 in E. B. Magalona, Negros Occidental. She earned a Bachelor of Laws from the University of the Philippines in 1962. She also earned a Master of Arts major in Public International Law, minor in Anthropology from Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut in 1981.
Yorac taught and served in the Admissions Screening Committee of the University of the Philippines College of Law. She was an Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs at the University of the Philippines Diliman and a Senior Researcher of the University of the Philippines Law Center.
Yorac vied for a seat in the Philippine Senate in the 1998 national elections but lost.
Yorac battled with ovarian cancer and died on September 13, 2005 in Chicago, aged 64. Her remains were buried at the Libingan ng mga Bayani. She was succeeded as PCGG Chairperson by veteran lawyer and constitutionalist Camilo Sabio.
- "Legal Status of Mercenaries"
- "Preventive Detention and Metaphysics of Repression"
- "Child Custody Determinations: A Reappraisal"
- "The Philippine Claim to the Spratly Island Group," Philippine Law Journal
- Philippine Treaty Series, Vols. 1-4, 6-7 (editor)
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Philippine Society of International Law
- American Society of International Law
- Free Legal Assistance Group (National Board Member)
- U.P. Alpha Phi Omega Sorority (Formerly U.P. Kappa Phi Omega Sorority)
Hilario Davide, Jr.
|This Philippines law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|