|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (September 2013)|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)|
Hayley McQueen (born 9 December 1979 in Manchester, England) is a British TV sports presenter and reporter and RTS award winning producer. Hayley is a lead anchor on Sky Sports News, presenter of Sky Sports Champions League as well as other Sky Sports football programming.
Hayley McQueen lived in Scotland and Hong Kong before settling in Hutton Rudby in North Yorkshire in 1994. She has a (BA Hons) degree in PR Marketing and Journalism where she specialised in Broadcast Journalism and further studied Media Law.
McQueen began her television career working as a runner and production assistant for Richard and Judy before joining the television channel of Middlesbrough's Boro TV as a reporter and producer. She then joined Middlesbrough FC's "Football in the Community" scheme before being head hunted by Sky Sports News where she became a presenter.
She also presented on Fox Sports. McQueen left Sky Television in December 2006 and took up a position on MUTV, where she was main match day anchor and presented and produced the news, daily talk and match day live build up and phone-in shows as well as conducting regular interviews with players past and present.
McQueen then hosted the Daily World Cup show for Al Jazeera Sports with Scott Minto throughout the 2010 tournament. She returned to Sky Sports in August 2010 as they launched Sky Sports News in HD.
McQueen presents Champions League football for Sky Sports and the live International Round Up show. She is actively involved with various Football in the Community projects and has hosted events for the Premier League. She is a regular match day host for the Football Association for the Wembley FA Club.
As a journalist, McQueen is a key contributor to twentyfour7 Football magazine with exclusive feature interviews with the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Roberto Martinez, Steven Gerrard, Paul and Tom Ince, amongst others.
- "Hayley Lands Top Sky Role". Middlesbrough FC. 27 July 2010. Retrieved 15 March 2011.[dead link]
- "Goalden Girls". The Scottish Sun. 23 April 2010. Retrieved 26 March 2011.
- "Hayley McQueen - Life at the "Theatre of Dreams"". The Trades. Burlee LLC. 30 July 2008. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- Hayley McQueen Sky Sports
- Top 10: Hottest Women On British TV Ask Men UK
- MUTV gets a makeover ManUtd.com, 27 November 2006
- Pick of the Week ManUtd.com, 7 February 2011
- Al Jazeera Sport begins live studio World Cup coverage The Peninsular, 5 June 2010
- Babe Hayley is such a polished performer Mirror Football, 3 July 2010
- Can Sky Sports News keep punching above its weight? The Independent, 5 August 2010