Location of Haymana, Ankara within Turkey.
|• Governor||Süleyman Erdoğan|
|• Mayor||Özdemir TURGUT (Justice and Development Party)|
|• District||2,983.56 km2 (1,151.96 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,259 m (4,131 ft)|
|• District density||10/km2 (27/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Haymana is a town and district of Ankara Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey, 72 km south of the capital, Ankara. According to the 2010 census, the population of the district is 33,886, of whom 9,091 live in the town of Haymana.  The district covers an area of 2,976 km², and the average elevation is 1259 m.
Archaeological excavations were launched in Gavur Kalesi, a castle situated in the village of Dereköy, in the years 1930 and 1998. The results showed that it was an important Phrygian settlement. Besides, the tumuli located in Türkhöyük and Oyaca villages prove that the area was also inhabited during the Hittite period.
After the periods of the Roman and Byzantine rule, the area was captured by the Seljuk Turks in 1127. After the Battle of Köse Dağ it came under Ilkhanate control for a while. In the mid 14th century the area was annexed by the Ottomans. After a brief period of Timurid rule in the wake of the Battle of Ankara in 1402, it was re-captured by the Ottomans.
Once a thriving country market town, in recent decades, the middle classes have continuously migrated to Ankara in search of jobs and careers, and Haymana has become populated by villagers from the surrounding countryside, an area with a substantial Kurdish population.
Haymana is famous for its Turkish baths. The waters are volcanically heated and are said to contain many healing properties, particularly for those suffering from arthritic ailments. There are hotels for weekend visitors to the springs.
- Ömer Özkan, Turkish plastic surgeon. An associate professor at the Akdeniz University in Antalya, he led the team that performed in 2012 the first full face transplant in Turkey.
- Kurd Ahmet (Ahmet Turgut), businessman, bookmaker, nightclub owner, and a leader of the Ankara underworld
- Haymana Prison has had a fair share of politicians as inmates over the years, including historian Fikret Başkaya, professor of foreign relations Haluk Gerger, Workers' Party (Turkey) leader Doğu Perinçek, political scientist Yalçın Küçük, and playwright Bilgesu Erenus (these last two jointly published their Haymana memoirs).
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-03-27.
- Municipality of Haymana, Turkey. "Brief history of Haymana" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-27.[dead link]
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Haymana, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-27.
- Governorship of Ankara, Turkey. "General information on Haymana district of Ankara" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-27.[dead link]