Coordinates: Haymarket Roundabout, informally known as the roundabout of death, is a notorious roundabout in North Melbourne, Australia. The roundabout is formed at the junction of Peel St, Royal Parade, Elizabeth St, and Flemington Road, on the northwest border of Melbourne's CBD.
There are eight vehicle entry and exit points combined with trams entering from three points. Between 2000 and May 2011 there were 78 crashes recorded at the roundabout, including 14 with serious injuries.
- "$2.3m safety upgrade for ‘dangerous’ Haymarket roundabout". Projectlink.com.au. 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "$2.3m safety upgrade for ‘dangerous’ Haymarket Roundabout — Premier of Victoria". Premier.vic.gov.au. 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "Haymarket Roundabout now $2.43m safer". Vic.liberal.org.au. 2011-08-23. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- Inner: Flemington Road - Bicycle Network
- "Haymarket Roundabout safety & tram improvements, North Melbourne". VicRoads. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
|This article about a place in Melbourne is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|