|First Lady of Turkey|
August 28, 2007 – August 28, 2014
|Preceded by||Semra Sezer|
|Succeeded by||Emine Erdoğan|
August 18, 1965
|Spouse(s)||Abdullah Gül (m. 1980)|
|Children||Ahmed Münir, Mehmed Emre and Kübra|
Hayrünnisa Gül (pronounced [ˌhajɾyˈnisa ˈɟyl]; née Özyurt, born August 18, 1965 in İstanbul) was the 11th First Lady of Turkey. She became the child bride of Abdullah Gül, the 11th President of Turkey, on August 20, 1980, when she was 15 and he was 30. They have two sons (Ahmed Münir, Mehmed Emre) and one daughter (Kübra).
First lady of Turkey
On October 7, 2010, Madame Gül became the first First Lady to address the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe on issues faced by children and women. 
Madame Gül has also publicly spoken out against the imposition of the head scarf in Islamic countries upon young females who cannot make judgment for themselves.
Honours and awards
Other notable awardees of this honour have been Diana, Princess of Wales. It is given at the sole discretion of the Dutch monarch and not subject to ministerial responsibility or influence for "foreigners who have rendered special service to the Dutch King or his House"
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
- "T.C. Cumhurbaşkanlığı : Hayrunnisa Gül". Tccb.gov.tr. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "Bir evlilik yıldönümü". Milliyet. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- "Hayrünnisa Gül: The next first lady". Today's Zaman. Retrieved 2008-05-14.
- "Presidency of the Republic of Turkey :". Tccb.gov.tr. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- [dead link]
- "TURKEY - Turkish president backs first lady on headscarf comments". Hurriyetdailynews.com. 2010-11-09. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- "DRAFT". Tanzania.go.tz. Retrieved 2012-07-03.
- Photo of Hayrünnisa receiving the Order. Her husband, the President, has received The Order of the Netherlands Lion