||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
Haywoode trained from an early age at London's Corona Stage Academy.
Her career started with modeling, dancing and acting roles in British television shows like "The Gentle Touch" and was a regular as a Hill's Angel on "The Benny Hill Show". Movies include: Ragtime, Superman & others
Singing, dancing and modeling roles in the West End theater (Bubbling Brown Sugar), She joined Flick Colby's Zoo, as professional dancer performing weekly on BBC One's T.O.T.P She was approached a year later to record a demo by Sony CBS records offering a deal.
Her debut single, "A Time Like This", reached the Top 5 in the US Hot Dance Club Play Chart, and established her distinctive brand of soulful funk/pop. Via a succession of singles – including a couple of tracks produced by Stock, Aitken & Waterman, "You'd Better Not Fool Around", "I Can't Let You Go" and "Getting Closer" later on covered by Kylie minogue. In July 1986 with the song "Roses" she hits the top 20 in the UK music charts.  Her debut album Arrival (released soon after "Roses") included Haywoode's cover version of Prince's "I Wanna Be Your Lover".
The Arrival album was being sold online (Amazon Japan) for $800 so In February 2010 Cherry Red's Cherry Pop label released a digitally-remastered Arrival – Special Edition, featuring seven bonus tracks and in-depth 'making of' article with four new interviews with those involved in its creation (producers Phil Harding and Bruce Nazarian, CBS Executive Steve Ripley and Haywoode).
Due to popular demand from her 80s fans in 2011 Haywoode released an album named Bounce Back, collaborating with different producers in Australia, Netherlands, Italy and US.
In the summer 2012 she created a music production company "Wonderlick Productions" with her writing partner and music producer Soundsinsane. The song Excuses reached #6 on Euro Solution's Independent Hi Energy Dance Chart in UK with the rmx of Excuses Produced by Soundsinsane/Haywoode and rmx by JRMX in UK.
She continues to perform in in the US while preparing a new album.
- 1983 "A Time Like This" (UK #48), (US Hot Dance Club Play Club Chart #5)
- 1983 "Single Handed" (UK #85)
- 1984 "I Can't Let You Go" (UK #63)
- 1985 "Roses" (UK #65)
- 1985 "Getting Closer" (UK #67)
- 1986 "You'd Better Not Fool Around" (UK #82)
- 1986 "Roses" (re-release) (UK #11)
- 1986 "I Can't Let You Go" (re-recording) (Detroit Mix) (UK #50)
- 1987 "I'm Your Puppet" (UK #98)
- 1988 "Boogie Oogie Oogie" (as 'Sid Haywoode')
- 1989 "He's Got Magic" (as 'Sid Haywoode')
- 2010 "Getting Closer 2010"
- 2011 "Kiss Me Good"
- 2012 "Excuses"
- 1986 Arrival (CBS)
- 2010 Arrival – Special Edition (Cherry Pop)
- 2011 Bounce Back
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 247. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Interview: Haywoode – Second Time Around – Blogcritics Music". Blogcritics.org. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- Haywoode – Excuses (The Mixes). Retrieved 2014-12-22
- Haywoode – EXCUSES (JRMX MAIN ROOM CLUB) Mastered. Retrieved 2014-12-22
- Chartstats – UK singles Chart, Haywoode