Rabbi Hayyim Angel is the National Scholar of the Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals (jewishideas.org). He also teaches advanced Bible courses to undergraduate, graduate, and rabbinical students at Yeshiva University, and lectures widely. He has published over 100 scholarly articles, primarily in Bible, and is author or editor of thirteen books. He received his B.A. in Jewish Studies Summa cum Laude from Yeshiva College, his M.A. in Bible from the Bernard Revel Graduate School, his M.S. in Jewish Education from the Azrieli Graduate School of Jewish Education, and his Rabbinical Ordination from the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary of Yeshiva University. He lives in New York with his wife and three children.
- Seeking Good, Speaking Peace: Collected Essays of Rabbi Marc D. Angel, ed. Hayyim J. Angel (Ktav, 1995).
- Rabbi Haim David Halevi: Gentle Scholar, Courageous Thinker. Co-author of book with Rabbi Marc D. Angel (Urim, 2006).
- Through an Opaque Lens (Sephardic Publication Foundation, 2006). Revised second edition, Through an Opaque Lens: The Bible Refracted through Eternal Rabbinic Wisdom (Kodesh Press, 2013).
- Revealed Texts, Hidden Meanings: Finding the Religious Significance in Tanakh (Ktav-Sephardic Publication Foundation, 2009).
- Know Before Whom You Stand: Thoughts About Prayer (Sephardic Publication Foundation, 2010).
- Creating Space between Peshat and Derash: A Collection of Studies on Tanakh (Ktav-Sephardic Publication Foundation, 2011).
- Prophetic Sermons: Thoughts on the Haftarot (Sephardic Publication Foundation, 2011).
- Rav Shalom Banayikh: Essays Presented to Rabbi Shalom Carmy by Friends and Students in Celebration of Forty Years of Teaching, ed. Hayyim Angel and Yitzchak Blau (Ktav, 2012).
- Where the Yeshiva Meets the University: Traditional and Academic Approaches to Tanakh Study, ed. Hayyim Angel. Conversations 15 (Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals, 2013).
- Vision from the Prophet and Counsel from the Elders: A Survey of Nevi’im and Ketuvim (OU Press, 2013).
- A Synagogue Companion: Insights on the Torah, Haftarot, and Shabbat Morning Prayers (Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals, 2014).
- Peshat Isn’t So Simple: Essays on Developing a Religious Methodology to Bible Study (Kodesh Press, 2014).
- A Jewish Holiday Companion: Insights into the Meaning of the Holidays, Their Laws, Liturgy, and Biblical Readings (Institute for Jewish Ideas and Ideals, 2014).
|This biographical article about an American rabbi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|