Hazel Grove High School
|Headteacher||Mr Mark Sibson|
|Chair||Dr Keith A Harrington|
|DfE URN||106137 Tables|
Hazel Grove High School's GCSE results in 2004 were above England's national average. It has gained DfES designation for three of its subjects and is also a Microsoft Academy. In a report from OFSTED ' Students are enthusiastic and work hard; they repsond well when given opportunities  In 2006 the school became a Research and Development Hub for the North West of England for Learning Technologies. This designation was made by the Specialist Schools' Trust.
In 2011 the school achieved its best examination to date, continuing in its trend of year on year improvement, 94% of student achieved five or more A*-C passes. 70% of these including English and Maths.
In Summer 2012 Hazel Grove High School was included in the top 10% of schools in the country who have exceeded their targets in the numbers of students achieving 5 or more A*-C, including English and Maths.
Hazel Grove High School opened its new Sixth Form in September 2013. From September 2014 it will also be open to students who have studied at other secondary schools who would like to benefit from the opportunities available at Hazel Grove.
The school received an Ofsted 'Good School' rating in February 2013.
Hazel Grove High School is a 21st-century school working with the community in partnership to build a better future for its students. They aim to;
- Provide a happy, secure and totally inclusive environment, all members of the schools community are expected to conduct themselves with courtesy and consideration and make an effective contribution to the caring and compassionate ethos.
- Develop each individual student's potential to their full, students are given every opportunity to achieve their ambitions (apart from any which are desired outside of the school) and are developed into independent learners who will be good citizens who make positive contribution to society.
- Promote an effective partnership between school, parents and the wider community, as they understand that students, staff, governors, parents and carers have a combined role to play in supporting achievement and success.
- Sarah Harding - member of pop group Girls Aloud.
- Steve Penk - Key 103 DJ.
- Tim Scott - Solo Instrumental Guitarist.
- Jon Willis - professional fencer.
- The Daily Mail. Secondary School League Tables 
- "Hazel Grove High Performance Tables". BBC News.
- "Hazel Grove High School's Website".
- OFSTED. School OFSTED Report 
- "Department For Education School Statistics".
- School Prospectus. School Prospectus 
- "Hazel Grove High Ethos".