He Is We
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
|He Is We|
|Labels||Universal Motown, Universal Republic, Republic|
|Past members||Trevor Kelly
Harrison Allen (only in tour)
Jake Randle (only in tour)
Carman Kubanda (only in tour)
Trevor and Rachel met while working at Ted Brown Music Company, a music store in their home town of Tacoma, Washington. He Is We initially relied on social networking, using websites such as myspace and Facebook. In 2009, they were named PureVolume's number one unsigned band of the year This online presence and the release of an album of old demos in February 2010 led to their signing with Universal Motown Records. Prior to the release of My Forever, He Is We toured with The Rocket Summer. Their debut album My Forever hit number 6 on Billboard’s Heatseekers Album Charts. On their website, He Is We says that the start of the band came from "the idea that someone who you pass everyday can influence the rest of your life...and you would never know." In 2013, their song "All About Us", with Owl City was included on The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones soundtrack.
Rachel and Trevor were the founding duo that comprised He Is We. The touring members initially included Harrison Allen (drums), Carman Kubanda (guitar), and Aaron Campbell (keyboard/guitar). Later, Jake Randle (bass guitar) replaced Aaron Campbell.[better source needed]
In early 2012, Rachel was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis, and Stevie Scott filled in for the remainder of the tour. Despite being officially replaced by Scott in August, and having stated "Walking away from the label would mean that I would be walking away from the He Is We name but I would regain my freedom to be me. I would regain my ability to connect with you fans 100% with my words. I wouldn’t feel like I can only release what THEY want me to. I could be the soul that longs to escape this dreary vessel.", she returned to the band at the end of October 2012, while Trevor Kelly departed to form his own band.
After Kelly left with Stevie Scott in 2012, Rachel continued to pursue the project herself. She said that she planned to release new music and tour in 2013. Despite rumors surfaced of her changing the name of He Is We and moving in a new direction, she insisted that the rumors were completely untrue and she would do no such thing. However, on June 23, 2014, Rachel Taylor broke away as a solo artist with her debut EP, Come Alive.
- A Mess it Grows (2009)
- Old Demos (2009)
- Track list:
- I Wouldn't Mind
- Blame It On The Rain (acoustic guitar)
- Pardon Me (acoustic guitar)
- Give It All
- Happily Ever After (acoustic)
- Light A Way
- Pardon Me
- Pour Me Out
- Too Beautiful
- Note: Only studio recorded demos listed.
- Track list:
- And Run (acoustic/live)
- Happily Ever After (acoustic/live)
- Everything You Do (acoustic/live)
- Blame It on the Rain (acoustic/live)
- All About Us (acoustic/live)
- Prove You Wrong (acoustic/live)
- Fall (acoustic/live)
- Forever and Ever (acoustic Live)
- Skip To the Good Part - EP (2011)
- Track list:
- Rose, Hanna. "Interview: He Is We". Scissor Press. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- He Is We - Music Biography, Credits and Discography : AllMusic
- He Is We. | He Is We Fansite
- "He Is We." iTunes Preview. Web. Retrieved 2012-04-22. https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/he-is-we/id330688951
- Boyer, Travis. "He Is We Interview: SXSW 2010". AOL Music. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- "THE WORKING GROUP PRESENTS: THE LOVE IS ALL AROUND US TOUR W/ THE SCENE AESTHETIC...". Alt sounds. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- "Story." He Is We. Web. Retrieved 2012-04-22. http://www.heiswemusic.com/story/
- Charlee Monroe (2010-03-15). "He Is We Interview: SXSW 2010". Spinner. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Optimism Encounters Frustration". The New York Times. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "He Is We Lead Singer No Longer Able To Tour; Bringing In Touring Replacement". Property Of Zack. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- "He Is We announces new singer". indiependentmusic. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- He Is We Announce New Vocalist, Comment On Rachel Taylor’s Departure | Under the Gun Review
- Rachel Taylor Blogs About Leaving He Is We, Discusses Future Plans | Under the Gun Review
- Alternative Press | News | Rachel Taylor rejoins He Is We
- PropertyOfZack, Rachel Taylor Is Back In He Is We; Trevor Kelly Is Out
- PureVolume™ | We're Listening To You
- Amazon.com: Skip To The Good Part (EP): He Is We: Official Music
- "He Is We Collaborate With Owl City". SPIN Music Group. Retrieved August 2011.