He Walked on Water
|"He Walked On Water"|
|Single by Randy Travis|
|from the album No Holdin' Back|
|B-side||"Card Carrying Fool"|
|Released||April 26, 1990|
|Format||7" 45 RPM, CD Single|
|Label||Warner Bros. 19878|
|Randy Travis singles chronology|
"He Walked on Water" is a song written by Allen Shamblin, and recorded by American country music singer Randy Travis. It was released in April 1990 as the third single from the album No Holdin' Back. The song peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) chart, and number 1 on Canada's RPM country chart.
The song is a ballad in which a male narrator tells of his experiences as a boy and how he then believed his great-grandfather could "walk on water."
..."And my mama's daddy was his oldest son, and I thought that he walked on water."...
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||2|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||23|
- Jurek, Thom. "Randy Travis - "He Walked on Water"". Allmusic. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1312." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. August 11, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Randy Travis Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Randy Travis.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1990". RPM. December 22, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Best of 1990: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
by Garth Brooks
|RPM Country Tracks
August 11, 1990
by Dan Seals
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|