Head of the Republic of Ingushetia
The Head of the Republic of Ingushetia (Russian: Глава Республики Ингушетия), formerly President of the Republic of Ingushetia, is the highest office within the Government of Ingushetia, Russia. The Head is elected by Russian citizens living in Ingushetia. Term of service is five years.
Heads (Presidents) of Ingushetia
- Ruslan Aushev (18 February 1993 – 28 April 2002)
- Murat Zyazikov (23 May 2002 – 30 October 2008)
- Yunus-bek Yevkurov (30 October 2008 – 22 June 2009)
- Rashid Gaisanov, acting (22 June 2009 – September 2009). Appointed acting President of Ingushetia by presidential decree of Russian President Dmitry Medvedev while Yevkurov was recovering from an assassination attempt.
- Yunus-bek Yevkurov (September 2009 – present)
- Constitution of the Republic of Ingushetia, Article 65.
- "Ingush president regains consciousness after attack". RIA Novosti (GlobalSecurity.org). 2009-07-03. Retrieved 2009-08-12.