|Privately held company|
|Headquarters||Shelton, Connecticut, USA|
David M Henderson
HealthPlanOne, LLC. is an online health insurance broker for individual, family, self-employed, Medicare and small group/business health insurance plans. Founded in 2005, HealthPlanOne represents all major health insurance carriers and is licensed in all 50 states. HealthPlanOne’s website offers comparison shopping of healthcare quotes and plans, live help from licensed insurance specialists, and educational information on all health care topics.
HealthPlanOne also compares Medicare health insurance plans. Specifically, HealthPlanOne focuses on Medicare Solutions.
HealthPlanOne was founded in Shelton, Connecticut in 2005 by Bill Stapleton. In 2008, the company received its first venture funding by taking $6.5 million Series A round which was led by Pequot Ventures, and also included Greycroft Partners, Kevin Hill, Chan Wheeler and Bill Sullivan.
Individual health insurance
Individual health insurance can be sold solely to a parent, dependant child or a family. How this type of health insurance is marketed and sold can differ throughout each state. Benefits of individual health insurance differ from group plans that businesses provide their employees. Prices for individual health plans are also generally higher than other plans. The company officials stated the funds will be used to fuel growth in online customer acquisition and to secure a position as a premier marketplace for health insurance.
Family health insurance
The difference between the individual health plan and the family health plan is the deductible. If a family chooses an insurance plan with a deductible, each member of the family is given their own deductible as well as one deductible for the whole family. Before the insurance begins to pay for the family’s care, each family member must reach their separate deductible amount OR the family deductible must be met. Some family health insurance plans will reimburse the family if they exceed their deductible amount.
Health plan carriers
HealthPlanOne carries the following carriers, along with others:
Awards and recognition
The company won the 2011 Marcum Tech Top 40 Fastest Growing Company in the New Media/Internet/Telecom award.
In August 2014, Inc. magazine ranked HealthPlanOne as 1847th on its 33rd annual Inc. 500/5000 list, awarded to the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. The company boasted a 222% three year growth in revenue and added 200 jobs between 2010 and 2013.
- "Company Overview of Health Plan One, LLC". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "HealthPlanOne Expands Operations with New Center in Phoenix, Plans to Hire 175 in 2014" (Press release). Arizona Commerce Authorty. 14 July 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Riley, Duncan (21 April 2008). "Health Plan One Takes $6.5 Million Series A". TechCrunch. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- HealthPlanOne site map
- "Health Plan One, LLC- New Media/Internet/Telecom Category Winner!". Typepad. 29 September 2011. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Oved, Andrew (9 August 2014). "HealthPlanOne Named on 2014 Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies". First Markcap. Retrieved 6 November 2014.