Heart Attack (band)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2008)|
|Origin||Whitestone, Queens, New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Labels||Damaged Goods, Broken Rekkids, Rat Cage Records|
|Associated acts||Reagan Youth, D Generation, The Mob, Jesse Malin, The Finger|
|Past members||Jesse Malin
Heart Attack was an early New York hardcore band, formed in 1978 and active until 1984.
Formed in the suburban area of Whitestone, Queens, they were probably the youngest punk band in the NYC area at the time, according to some flyers and fanzines, as the first line up was formed by people from 12 to 16 years old. Their first demos (Hitler Demo and The Mojo Sessions) was heavily influenced by English punk rock, especially Sex Pistols and The Clash, with hilarious lyrics, but soon after attending a CBGB show of the Bad Brains, singer Jesse Malin and guitarist Jackie Flanagan decided to switch genres to the latest wave of punk, hardcore.
Heart Attack existed for less than four years, part of the NYC hardcore scene with other bands such as the Beastie Boys, Kraut, Bad Brains, The Undead, The Mad, Reagan Youth, The Misguided and Even Worse. Heart Attack was the first band of the area to go on tour in the rest of the United States. Their final show was on July 4, 1984 at CBGB. All of their songs are now published in the "The Last War 1980-84" CD.
Malin went on to form the bands The Finger and D Generation (also with later Heart Attack guitarist Danny Sage), and later, a successful solo career. Flanagan went on to play in the New York group The Mob. Drummer Javier Madriaga joined the final lineup of Reagan Youth. The band is mentioned in the film American Hardcore.
- Jesse Malin - guitar, vocals (later of Hope, the Steps of Sounds, D Generation and The Finger)
- John Frawley - bass (1980 - April 1982)
- Javier Madriaga- drums (ex-Lujuria, currently in Reagan Youth)
- Paul Praver - bass (April 1982 - July 1984)
- Jack Flanagan - guitar (later of The Mob)
- Danny Sage - guitar (later of Hope, D Generation, now a solo artist)
- Missy -guitar (earliest incarnation)
Richie Ferrara. (Drums) 1978-80 Ron torina (guitar) Brandon Lewis (bass) Heart attacks first few shows at CBGB'S. MAX'S KANSAS CITY.... And the original 4 song hitler demo
- God Is Dead 7" EP, Damaged Goods Records (1981)
- New York Thrash compilation cassette, CD and vinyl (1982; contains "God Is Dead" and "Shotgun")
- Keep Your Distance, 12" EP, Serious Clown Records (1983)
- Subliminal Seduction, 12" EP, Rat Cage Records (1984)
- FLIPSIDE VIDEO FANZINE NUMBER 5, VHS, songs: "MAN'S WORLD" & "BRAINWASHED HEROES" recorded at Olympic,LA-Perkins,Pasadena (1984)
- The Last War '80-'84, CD, Broken Rekkids Records (2001)
|This article on a United States punk rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|