|Launched||11 October 2012|
|Owned by||Global Television
|Picture format||16:9 576i (SDTV)|
|Audience share||~0.0% (September 2014BARB),|
|Slogan||More Music Variety|
|Broadcast area||United Kingdom
|Sister channel(s)||Capital TV|
|Astra 2F||12522 V 22000 5/6|
Heart TV is a British pop music television channel owned by Global Radio.
On 3 July 2012, Global Radio announced it would launch a TV channel of the same name, Heart. The station launched on Sky and Freesat platforms on 11 October 2012 at 11:00 p.m., along with a TV channel of the same name for sister radio station Capital. The channels can also be watched via dedicated iOS apps, as well as online. Both channels play non-stop music videos 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and will also feature some exclusive content. On 24 July 2012 it was confirmed BSkyB would be responsible for ad sales on both channels, likewise with the radio station, Heart TV is aimed at a target audience of housewives with children.
In February 2015, Global Radio were reprimanded by the media regulator Ofcom following an incident in October 2014 during which Heart TV played 72 seconds more than the permitted amount of advertising during one particular hour. Global said the incident had occurred because a commercial break was pushed to the end of an hour by software controlling its output, creating too much advertising time for the following hour.
- Laughlin, Andrew (14 July 2012). "Global to launch Heart TV". Digital Spy.
- "Heart and Capital TV have launched". a516digital. 11 October 2012. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- Laughlin, Andrew (12 October 2012). "Capital TV, Heart TV launch on Sky and Freesat". Digital Spy. Retrieved 17 October 2012.
- McCabe, Masie (24 July 2012). "Global appoints Sky Media for Heart and Capital TV ad sales". Media Week. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Heart TV in breach for too many adverts". Radio Today. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
|This article on a United Kingdom television channel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|