|Single by The Wanted|
|from the album The Wanted|
|Released||17 October 2010|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Genre||Pop, R&B, electropop|
|Writer(s)||Mich Hansen, Jonas Jeberg, Lucas Secon, Wayne Hector|
|Producer(s)||Jonas Jeberg, Cutfather|
|The Wanted singles chronology|
"Heart Vacancy" is a song by British boy band The Wanted from their self-titled debut album. It was released as the album's second single in the United Kingdom on 17 October 2010 through Geffen Records. The song was written by Jonas Jeberg, Cutfather, Lucas Secon, and Wayne Hector. "Heart Vacancy" was originally written for English pop singer Leona Lewis, and was given to four different artists before being recorded by The Wanted.
Robert Copsey of Digital Spy gave the song three out of five stars and described it as "a slushy, string-laden slowie about longing for a girl, but with the BPM turned up a notch and a stomping rhythm - too fast for waving lighters but slow enough for hands-in-the-air time - 'Heart Vacancy' treads on the slightly more manly side of sentimental." Michael Cragg from The Guardian called it "a boyband ballad full of over-emotive vocal straining", and wrote: "The nadir is a middle eight that involves the curly-haired one intoning,"When IIIIIII talk to youuuuuuuuuuuuu, on the phhhooooonnnnneee" as if he actually hates his lover and wants her to bleed from the ears."
"Heart Vacancy" debuted at number two on the UK Singles Chart with first-week sales of 66,394 sales copies. In Ireland, the song debuted at peaked at number eighteen. It was re-released as the band's second single in America in April 2012 but did not chart.
- Digital download
- "Heart Vacancy" – 3:42
- "Heart Vacancy" (Tonka's Daddycated Radio Edit) – 3:15
- "Heart Vacancy" (Tonka's Daddycated Remix) – 5:51
- "Heart Vacancy" (DJs from Mars Remix) – 6:15
- CD single
- Promotional CD single
- "Heart Vacancy" (Radio Edit) - 3:28
- "Heart Vacancy" (Instrumental) - 3:28
- Songwriting – Mich Hansen, Jonas Jeberg, Lucas Secon, Wayne Hector
- Production – Jonas Jeberg, Cutfather
- Mixing – Mads Nilsson
- Keyboards and programming – Jonas Jeberg
- Guitars – Daniel Davidsen
- Percussion – Mich Hansen
- Lead and backing vocals – Tom Parker, Nathan Sykes, Jay McGuiness, Max George, Siva Kaneswaran
- Mastering – Dick Beetham
|Scotland (Official Charts Company)||4|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||2|
|UK Singles Chart||110|
|United Kingdom||17 October 2010||Digital download||Geffen Records|
|18 October 2010||CD single|
|United States||10 April 2012||Digital download||Island Def Jam Recordings|
- "Heart Vacancy" Song Lyrics at TheWantedMusic.com
- Official music video on YouTube
- Full lyrics of this song at MetroLyrics
- Hansen, Thomas Søie (31 December 2010). "Kender du X Factors Cutfather?" (in Danish). Berlingske Tidende. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- Copsey, Robert (17 October 2010). "Music - Singles Review - The Wanted: 'Heart Vacancy' - Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 20 October 2010.
- Cragg, Michael (16 October 2010). "This week's new singles | Music". The Guardian. Retrieved 20 October 2010.
- Jones, Alan (25 October 2010). "Kings of Leon and Bruno Mars top charts". Music Week. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
- "Chart Track". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Heart Vacancy - EP by The Wanted". iTunes.
- "Heart Vacancy - CD by The Wanted". Amazon.com.
- Wanted, The (5) - Heart Vacancy (CD) at Discogs
- The Wanted (Liner Notes). The Wanted. Geffen Records. 2010.
- "Archive Chart". Scottish Singles Top 40.
- "Archive Chart" UK Singles Chart.
- iTunes - Music - Heart Vacancy - Single by The Wanted