Heartbreak Town (song)
|Single by Dixie Chicks|
|from the album Fly|
|Released||June 25, 2001|
|Dixie Chicks singles chronology|
"Heartbreak Town" is a song written by Darrell Scott, and recorded by American country music group Dixie Chicks. It was released in June 2001 as the seventh single from the album Fly. It tells the story of a young family's disappointment upon moving to Nashville.
Darrell Scott wrote and recorded "Heartbreak Town" for his 1997 album Aloha from Nashville.
The song peaked at number 23 on the U.S. country charts. It also reached number 21 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles. The Dixie Chicks performed the song on their 2001 Fly Tour and it was featured on the 2010 greatest hits album The Essential Dixie Chicks.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||23|
|Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles||21|
- Malkin, Nina (October 1999). "Fly (Monument)". Request.
- Milliken, Dan. "The 201 Greatest Singles of the Decade, Part 5: #120-#101". Country Universe. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 127. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Schadt, Paul and Cathy Martindale. "Dixie Chicks Interview". Racing Country USA. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Dixie Chicks Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Dixie Chicks.
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|