Heat of the Night
|"Heat of the Night"|
|Single by Bryan Adams|
|from the album Into the Fire|
|Writer(s)||Bryan Adams, Jim Vallance|
|Producer(s)||Bryan Adams, Bob Clearmountain|
|Bryan Adams singles chronology|
"Heat of the Night" is a song written by Canadian rock musician Bryan Adams and Jim Vallance and performed by Adams. The song became the most successful song from Adams' album Into the Fire in 1987. It was released as the first single from Into the Fire and reached number 6 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number 2 on the U.S. Mainstream Rock Tracks.
The song is very popular among Bryan Adams' fans and it won Canadian Music Publisher's Association Rock Song Of The Year Award. According to Billboard magazine song was one of the most-listened to (84th) songs of the year.
The song was partly inspired by the film noir classic The Third Man, starring the actor-director Orson Welles. The darkness of the lyrics was further influenced by a trip Bryan and Jim Vallance took to Berlin in March 1986, before the wall came down. 
This song was the very first ever song released in the cassette single format in the United States. It was packaged in a red plastic case in a non-traditional cassette case box. You had to tear the white cover open to get to the cassette.
Music video directed by Wayne Isham and shot in black and white. It's one of the rare songs/videos where Bryan himself plays lead guitar instead of Keith Scott to whom he usually leaves the solo work.
A shot from recording sessions is used as the cover of Adams' Into the Fire-album.
|Belgium (VRT Top 30 Flanders)||25|
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||20|
|Germany (Media Control AG)||33|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||21|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||17|
|United Kingdom (The Official Chart Company)||50|
|US Billboard Hot 100||6|
|US Billboard Rock Tracks||2|
- Bryan Adams: rhythm guitar, keyboards, vocals, backing vocals
- Jim Vallance: piano, percussion, drum programming
- Keith Scott: guitar harmonics, backing vocals
- Robbie King: organ
- Dave Taylor: bass
- Mickey Curry: drums
- "Heat of the Night" - Jim Vallance
- Belgian peak
- Nyman, Jake (2005). Suomi soi 4: Suuri suomalainen listakirja (in Finnish) (1st ed.). Helsinki: Tammi. ISBN 951-31-2503-3.
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – Bryan Adams search results" (in Dutch) Dutch Top 40.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Bryan Adams – Heat of the Night". Singles Top 60.
- "Bryan Adams – Heat of the Night – swisscharts.com". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Artist Chart History (singles) - Bryan Adams". Allmusic. Retrieved 2008-10-19.