|Full name||Heath Gregory Pearce|
|Date of birth||August 13, 1984|
|Place of birth||Modesto, California, United States|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Current club||Montreal Impact|
|2000–2001||IMG Soccer Academy|
|2012–2013||New York Red Bulls||32||(2)|
|2000–2001||United States U17||4||(2)|
|2003||United States U18||1||(0)|
|2003||United States U20||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of March 8, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
College and amateur
Pearce played his high school soccer at Johansen High school before playing his college soccer at the University of Portland, where he was an All-West Coast Conference honorable mention selection. In his final year at Portland, he started all 20 games, scoring two goals and racking up five assists.
Pearce signed with Nordsjælland and began his professional career in the 2004–05 Danish Superliga season. He made 75 league appearances and scored two goals for club in his two and a half seasons there.
After stating that he would leave Nordsjælland after the 2007 season with a goal to be signed by a team in Germany, Scotland, or the Netherlands, Pearce signed a two-year contract with Hansa Rostock on July 16, 2007. Near the end of the 2007–08 season, Pearce was briefly suspended for being late to return to the club from international duty, but was eventually allowed back on the team.
On April 13, 2009, Pearce was permanently suspended from Hansa Rostock's first team and demoted to the reserve squad because club officials believed Pearce had faked an injury to avoid training, a charge Pearce denies. At the end of the season, Pearce was released from his contract.
On September 2, 2009, Pearce reportedly signed a two-year contract with Turkish team Bursaspor, but the next day it had emerged that a deal was not reached until after the transfer window had closed.
After his failed move to Turkey, he signed with Major League Soccer side FC Dallas on September 11, 2009. In his first full season in Dallas Pearce helped the club to the 2010 MLS Cup final. On February 15, 2011, after two seasons with Dallas, Pearce was traded to Chivas USA in return for allocation money.
Pearce was traded to New York Red Bulls on May 17, 2012 with allocation money and future considerations in exchange for forward Juan Agudelo. Pearce scored his first MLS goal on June 20 versus the Vancouver Whitecaps helping New York to earn a 1–1 draw with his late equalizer.
At the end of the 2013 MLS season, Pearce was released by New York.
Pearce made his international debut in November 2005 against Scotland. Pearce was included by Bruce Arena in United States training camps and friendly matches prior to the 2006 FIFA World Cup but did not make the team.
Under Bob Bradley, Pearce became a regular starter for the national team. With relatively little competition in the U.S. player pool at left back, Pearce played the third-most minutes of any American field player in 2008. But as his club situation deteriorated, Pearce has seen less time with national team. Though a member of the squad at the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup, he did not make an appearance in the tournament as Jonathan Bornstein and Carlos Bocanegra were the preferred choices. Pearce was a member of the second-tier U.S. team for the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup. Lately he has not seen much action due to the return of Bornstein and also Bocanegra and Jonathan Spector both being versatile enough to play in that position.
- As of November 1, 2012.
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|Denmark||League||Danish Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|USA||League||Open Cup||League Cup||North America||Total|
|2009||FC Dallas||Major League Soccer||6||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||6||0|
|2012||New York Red Bulls||18||2||2||1||2||0||0||0||22||3|
- As of December 3, 2011.
New York Red Bulls
- Demosphere International, Inc. "United Soccer Leagues (USL)". Uslsoccer.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Hansa Rostock suspendiert Pearce und Kronholm" (in German). Retrieved April 13, 2009.
- "U.S.' Pearce joins Turkish club Bursaspor". Sports Illustrated. September 2, 2009. Retrieved September 2, 2009.
- "ABD'li sol bek Pearce Bursaspor'da" (in Turkish). CNN Türk. September 2, 2009. Retrieved September 2, 2009.
- "Pearce kommt doch nicht zu Bursaspor" (in German).[dead link]
- "Latest News". Web.mlsnet.com. September 24, 2011. Retrieved October 20, 2011.[dead link]
- "Chivas USA Acquires United States National Team Defender Heath Pearce". Cdchivasusa.com. February 15, 2011. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Davis, Noah (May 17, 2012). "Heath Pearce is just what New York needs". prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "New York Red Bulls part ways with veteran defender Heath Pearce". mlssoccer.com. November 27, 2013. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- Townsend, Brad (May 26, 2010). "FC Dallas' Heath Pearce left off U.S. World Cup roster". Dallasnews.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Hoppes, Lynn. "'Glee' actress sister to Major League Soccer player". ESPN. Retrieved September 23, 2011.
- "Pro Soccer Star Heath Pearce & Matt Young Motorsports team up with Ranger Sports Racing for Barber". heathpearce.com. Retrieved June 22, 2013.
- MLS player profile
- U.S Soccer Player Bio
- Heath Pearce at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Career statistics (Danish)
- Career statistics (Danish)
- Heath Pearce at National-Football-Teams.com
- MLS Players Union