Heatherette is a fashion company and design house run by Traver Rains and former Club Kid Richie Rich, located in New York City. Heatherette was founded in 1999 when they began collaborating on t-shirts and leather goods. They were discovered when Richie Rich wore one of their leather tops to a party and a buyer at the downtown Patricia Field store noticed and ordered 20 of them.
In popular culture
Many celebrities have worn Heatherette fashions in public. Paris Hilton, Lydia Hearst, Amanda Lepore, Anna Nicole Smith, Mýa, Kelis and Jenna Jameson have modeled their fashions in runway shows.
Heatherette has received editorial credits in a variety of different genres of magazines. An especially wild Heatherette fashion show, which featured Anna Nicole Smith and Boy George, is chronicled in the Glenn Belverio's 2006 nonfiction book, Confessions from the Velvet Ropes. Heatherette has also been featured at New York Fashion Week.
Heatherette was featured on the third cycle of America's Next Top Model as the designer for a fashion show contest. They were guest judges on Project Runway Canada for the "When It Rains It Pours" challenge and also on Project Runway when contestants had to make costumes for WWE Divas. Heatherette was also featured on several television programmes and in the movie My Super Ex-Girlfriend.
Recently, Traver was featured on Fashion Television in an interview by Jeanne Beker:
Full Frontal Fashion interview on Traver: www.sundancechannel.com
Traver and Richie Rich appeared in the 2005 film One Last Thing....
On March 20, 2008, a collaboration collection with MAC Cosmetics, called "Heatherette for MAC", was released and includes illustrations of Traver Rains and Richie Rich on the cardboard packaging. This is the second collaboration between Heatherette and MAC Cosmetics.
- "Rich and Rains". KarmaLoop.
- Couture Candy - Celebrities wearing Heatherette Designer Clothing
- New York Magazine - Heatherette
- Fashion Windwos - Heatherette by Richie Rains & Travis Rains: Disposable Chic
- Confessions from the Velvet Ropes
- Google Books - Confessions from the Velvet Ropes
- Factio Magazine - New York Fashion Week: Heatherette
- Reality TV Magazine - Make me a Supermodel: Heatherette
- MTV Buzzworthy Blog - Heatherette
- Internet Movie Database - My Super Ex-Girlfriend