Heathfield and Waldron
|Heathfield and Waldron|
Heathfield High Street
Heathfield and Waldron shown within East Sussex
|Area||52.8 km2 (20.4 sq mi) |
|- Density||565 /sq mi (218 /km2)|
|OS grid reference|
|- London||40 miles (64 km) NNW|
|Shire county||East Sussex|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||South East Coast|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
The civil parish council has twenty elected members representing four wards: Cross-in-Hand ward (four members); Heathfield East ward (two); Heathfield ward (twelve); Waldron (two). The current (2011) chairman is Mr Peter Newnham. Charles Hendry is the Member of Parliament for the Wealden Constituency, which includes Heathfield.
The Heathfield Partnership, a voluntary group was set up in 1995 "to identify options for developing the town and the local villages".
Settlements in the parish 
Waldron is a village located to the west of Heathfield. The 12th century parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Cross-in-Hand is a small village west of Heathfield.
Broad Oak, Punnetts Town, Little London and Cade Street are other villages within the parish.
There are six Sites of Special Scientific Interest within the parish. Bingletts Wood and Heathfield Park are areas of woodland with a flowing ravine (ghyll woodland). The two sites are of biological interest, hosting a wide variety of fauna, much of which is uncommon in the south-east of England. Paines Cross Meadow, Sapperton Meadows and St. Dunstan's Farm Meadows also have SSSI status. These sites consist mainly of wet meadowland and are of biological interest, hosting a wide variety of fauna. The final SSSI is Waldron Cutting, a small cutting along the lane between Heathfield and Horam, which is of geological interest. Its sandstone bedrock containing samples of fossilised Lycopodites.
- "East Sussex in Figures". East Sussex County Council. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- Parish website
- The Heathfield Partnership
- All Saints church
- "Natural England - SSSI (Bingletts Wood)". Natural England. Retrieved 2008-05-25.
- "Natural England - SSSI (Heathfield Park)". Natural England. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "Natural England - SSSI (Paines Cross Meadow)". Natural England. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "Natural England - SSSI (Sapperton Meadows)". Natural England. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "Natural England - SSSI (St. Dunstan's Farm Meadows)". Natural England. Retrieved 2008-10-11.
- "Natural England - SSSI (Waldron Cutting)". Natural England. Retrieved 2008-10-05.