Heavy Rhyme Experience, Vol. 1
|Heavy Rhyme Experience, Vol. 1|
|Studio album by Brand New Heavies|
|Released||Aug 3, 1992|
|Genre||Acid Jazz, Funk, Hip Hop|
|Label||Delicious Vinyl Acid Jazz|
|Producer||Brand New Heavies|
|Brand New Heavies chronology|
Heavy Rhyme Experience, Vol. 1 is a studio album by Brand New Heavies. It included collaborations with Guru of Gang Starr, Grand Puba, Main Source and The Pharcyde, among others, but lacked any female vocals. The group's appearance with MC Serch (formerly of 3rd Bass) and Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest at a performance in New York City, inspired the group to incorporate elements of hip hop music.
- "Bonafied Funk" (Featuring Main Source) - (3:58)
- "It's Getting Hectic" (Featuring Gang Starr) - (4:00)
- "Who Makes the Loot?" (Featuring Grand Puba) - (3:25)
- "Wake Me When I'm Dead" (Featuring Masta Ace) - (3:41)
- "Jump 'n' Move" (Featuring Jamalski) - (3:18)
- "Death Threat" (Featuring Kool G. Rap) - (3:22)
- "State of Yo" (Featuring Black Sheep) - (3:36)
- "Do Whatta I Gotta Do" (Featuring Ed O.G.) - (3:22)
- "Whatgabouthat" (Featuring Tiger) - (3:07)
- "Soul Flower" (Featuring The Pharcyde) - (3:41)
|US Billboard 200||139|
|US Billboard Top R&B Albums||49|
- Jost, Matt (March 20, 2007). "The Brand New Heavies :: Heavy Rhyme Experience: Vol. 1 :: Delicious Vinyl". rapreviews.com. Retrieved 2010-03-09.
- Vladimir Bogdanov, Chris Woodstra and Stephen Thomas Erlewine (2003). All music guide to soul: the definitive guide to R&B and soul. Hal Leonard Corporation. p. 75. ISBN 0-87930-744-7.
- "Brand New Heavies US albums chart history". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-06-17.