|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
Heavyshift (Sometimes Heavy Shift) is the name of a British acid jazz trio composed of William South (piano) and John Wallace (saxophone) and Julian Fenton (drums), who first met and started gigging together around 1994. They have so far released four albums (The Cocktail Years not officially representing Heavy Shift but rather Wallace/South) . Their debut album, Unchain Your Mind, featured the hit single "90 Degrees in the Shade" and went to the Top Five on the new adult contemporary charts and Billboard jazz charts being named "Album of the Year" by Jazz FM.
Heavyshift music has been used for various soundtracks including Baywatch and 9½ Weeks 2. A new version of Say Hello to Teddy (which was released on Jazz FM's label in 2004) is to be taken up by respected US jazz imprint Instinct Records.
- Unchain Your Mind (1995)
- The Last Picture Show (1996)
- The Cocktail Years (Wallace & South)
- The Conversation (2004 - US)
- Say Hello To Teddy (2003)
- "Hampster on the Wheel" (2009)
- Edelstein, Paula. "The Conversation: Review". Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-12-25.