Hector Rail is a Swedish-based independent train haulage provider operating in the European rail transport market, operating 50 locomotives. The company provides locomotives and drivers to freight customers who need to have whole unit trains hauled between two places with a regular time table.
Hector Rail ran its first train on 12 December 2004, and now operates around 5 million train-km a year in Sweden and Norway. It began operating in Denmark and running trains from Sweden to Germany during January 2008. In 2009 Hector rail started to haul a passenger train, for Veolia.
The company operates diesel and electrically powered locomotives:
- 3 Class 141, ex ÖBB Class 1012 prototype locomotives
- 11 Class 142, ex ÖBB Class 1142 locomotives
- 6 Class 161, ex NSB El 15
- 12 Class 241, Bombardier TRAXX locomotives
- 7 Class 242, Siemens' ES64U2 EuroSprinter locomotives
- 2 Class 441, Siemens' ES64F4 EuroSprinter locomotives
- 3 Class 921, diesel shunting locomotives ex SJ Z70
- 2 Class 941, Vossloh G 2000 BB diesel locomotives
- 4 Class 841, Nohab diesel locomotives ex SJ T43
- 2 Class 942, MaK 1205 diesel locomotives
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hector Rail.|